Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fast Ribs

vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
edited August 2011 in Forum List
1 1/2 hours at 350
45 minutes wrapped in foil with butter & brown sugar
15 minutes with Blues Hog

Deeelicious....
001.JPG 370.7K
004.JPG 307.5K
005.JPG 277.8K
008.JPG 248.6K
·

Comments

• Looks good, can't wait to try that.
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    All indirect, Kim, or was there some direct cook time?

They look pretty good.... How were they compared to CWM ribs?
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I have never done CWM ribs....all indirect...even the minutes with the sauce...I learned this technique from a Myron Mixon cooking class..I cook all my ribs, butts & brisket the fast method...
    ·
    The butts at 350* also?  He injects the butts with TONS of 'stuff', if I recall?
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Yes he does....but I don't. I cook them indirect at 350 for 2 1/2 hrs...butt should be about 160 internal...wrap in HDAF (no juice) until the butt reaches 190-200 internal...about 1 1/2 hrs...drain off juice and reserve so it can be defatted...wrap the butt in towels for about 2 hrs...when pulling the butt pour some of the juice over the pulled butt...several old timer Eggers have converted to this method...

Contact me at
    kim.youngblood@suntrust.com
    and I will send more details if you want.... 
    ·
    Might have to do a fast butt / low & slow butt comparison.....

Thanks!
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I am a convert and I can't tell the difference.  Definitely worth the try.  Especially adding the de-fatted juice back.  Holy Cow!
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,754

The JOS class that i attended was well worth the money. He is definitely a proponent of getting the meat done quickly (but correctly)

·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,754
    Doug, the difference is you don't have to lose any more sleep at night at a contest.
    ·