Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What happened to the toolbar?

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
...that had fonts, the "insert image" button, etc? I liked the toolbar [-(

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• you can still attach and insert a picture by the "attach file" button at the bottom of the comment box.
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Grillin & Chillin Posts: 733
    edited August 2011
    Also besides the Toolbar missing so are our "signatures" at the bottom of posts and the ability to have "Classic View" , "Flat View" etc. choices so we can see who is actually responding to what comment. I know BGE is trying, but this forum is still lacking MANY of the Great features the "Original" BGE Forum has.

I ALSO noticed my post count is off and less here than it really is on "The Original Online Community For The Big Green Egg"
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • SmokeyPitt
    you can still attach and insert a picture by the "attach file" button at the bottom of the comment box.
    I see that, thanks. I'm just curious why the toolbar that was there before is gone? It had some handy features. Maybe it's something you had to eliminate for browser compatibility. I know you guys are busy fielding all these questions, complaints, threats (just kidding :-D ),etc...so no biggie on this issue.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• This forum makes it so you don't need to use classic or flat view and when you want to respond to a post you can use the quote function
  • you can still attach and insert a picture by the "attach file" button at the bottom of the comment box.
    I see that, thanks. I'm just curious why the toolbar that was there before is gone? It had some handy features. Maybe it's something you had to eliminate for browser compatibility. I know you guys are busy fielding all these questions, complaints, threats (just kidding :-D ),etc...so no biggie on this issue.
    What threats :-D
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    This forum makes it so you don't need to use classic or flat view and when you want to respond to a post you can use the quote function
    So then we would have to search for when somebody is talking to us. GENIUS!
    :-q
  • Hmmm, if everyone quotes every time they respond to someone so that everyone knows who is talking to who, these pages are going to get very long. I wish the proponents of this new forum could drop the "You don't need" mantra. This should not be about what we need, it should be about what we want. Some of us like and want the threaded view.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    This forum makes it so you don't need to use classic or flat view and when you want to respond to a post you can use the quote function
    You jest I hope, this view will probably never fly. The resent work here is promising but still far from the old forum. No tool bar on the editor has only crippled it further.
    Still have to use an external spell checker? This is still a primitive board IMO.
  • This forum makes it so you don't need to use classic or flat view and when you want to respond to a post you can use the quote function
    Not true, when you look at your profile u can see who has commented on your posts and who is trying to notify you all in one spot.
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Not true, when you look at your profile u can see who has commented on your posts and who is trying to notify you all in one spot.
    Really? I just looked at my profile and it doesn't show that you quoted me or that you replied in this thread. Looks like I have to bookmark it and then it tells me EVERYONE that posts in it. No bueno
  • Did anyone ever find where the toolbar went? It doesn't show up on my laptop at home. I got on this forum at work for the first time today and it showed up on that laptop.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Hmmm...it looks like the toolbar is back for now.  I can change the font and highlight.

=D>

Now preview is gone :-). 

• It's not on mine! Is it not compatible with certain computers?