Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Having troubles with my Egg

CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
My wife bought me a Medium Big Green Egg for Father's day and I've enjoyed it very much!

Unfortunately, last month I slid the lower vent open and the metal screen got caught on something and bent back. I was unable to fix it, so I cut the bent part off but I still can't open or close it. (The outer metal panel still opens and closes.)

My DFMT has always been very loose and it actually fell off once when I opened lid. Ever since then I have opened the lid VERY slowly. During tonight's cook I opened the lid slowly but I didn't have the DFMT aligned properly so it sort of spun around. As it twisted it actually corkscrewed up and came off. It hit the patio and one of the pieces of metal that holds the handle on broke off.

Has anyone else run into any of these issues? I know the ceramics have a lifetime warranty, but that part of my Egg is fine. Is this other stuff covered by any kind of warranty?

Comments