Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt/brisket (pics)

Options
IQthere4iam
IQthere4iam Posts: 106
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum

well here it is, my first brisket cook.  Dd it with a 8lb butt over the top of a 6lb brisket. Was about a 14 hour cookimageimage

imageimage

Comments

• Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks good how did it turn out? :/
  • muttin
    muttin Posts: 45
    Options
    can you tell me process for the brisket ?
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks good from here...  
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • IQthere4iam
    Options
    Its still resting, as the wife said if I touch it ill without her be going on the egg next :). Ill report back once im allowed :)

I followed some advice from fellow eggers ( see thread " fear of the brisket")

I got a 6lb brisket (flat), rubbed with a touch of yellow mustard, coated in the house blend from butcher shop, placed fat side down. Then took a 8lb bone in butt, covered in mustard and then used john henerys texas pig rub (i was out of bad byrons butt rub) then place that fat side up directly over the brisket and let it cook ( no peeking) for 14 hours. Oh yeah, I used hickory chunks as I was out of apple wood and drank lots of landshark as I was out of high life:)
  • IQthere4iam
    Options
    So I couldnt stand it and had to try some. Ive been smelling it all day.
    Lets just say the little slice of heaven I took off the end nearly broke my mouth is was so good!

Juicy and flavorful, wouldnt even need sauce. WoW I am blown away.

Cannot beilive I cooked that :)

Thanks for the tips..... you eggheads :)

Steve