Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Houston Area Eggers - Pete's Fine Meats

jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend I helped a buddy smoke 2 10lb briskets for his wife's BDay party. Granted they were in his gas smoker and you can tell a difference, I'm here to tell you about where we got the briskets from. We went to Pete's Fine Meats off Richmond right past Post Oak. It is a little pricier than HEB but it was worth it. I asked for 2 left handed briskets and the butcher picked out to amazing briskets that bent like Fillets. He also knew what I meant by left handed briskets.

After we smoked them for 14-15 hrs they turned out as good as they possibly good without being done on an Egg. Pulled at 185 and rested for an hour. You could cut them with a fork, which made me proud.

This is now the only place I'll buy briskets from and will eventually try a Kobe brisket once I'm ready to spend 7.49 a lb.

Also, they have a fantastic selection of wood there.

Comments