Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How many Rib Racks can you fit?

RisingjayRisingjay Posts: 19
edited August 2011 in Pork
Yes, first post here and LOVE my Large egg! Got it mid December of 2010 after the wife begged me for it. But you all are the ones that convinced me so a BIG BIG THANK YOU to everyone that posts! She had to go out of town for work and her bosses husband cooked a beer can chicken and the rest is history.

Alright, so I did 3 racks of baby backs Sunday on the V-rack using the 2-2-1 methond (not 3-2-1 since they were baby backs) and they turned out incredible! WOW! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Mmmmm....Mmm.. Mm. I have a neiborhood rib cook off the 28th of this month and would like to cook up maybe 9 racks of ribs. Is there a way to do this?

I was thinking of taking out my fire ring, inserting the plate setter, putting my three tier grill in but only using two grills, putting the v-rack in between the post for the 3-tier grill, and then using another v-rack on top. So all in all I should be able to cook 11 racks of ribs vertically. One slot of the bottom v-rack is used up by the 3-tier post. Will this work or will my food be to close to the fire and dry out the meat?

If there are other suggestions please comment.

Jason

Comments