Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

URL Test

Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
Are we allowed to post URLs on this forum?

TEST:
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/rutlandgasket/gasket.htm
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments

• Are we allowed to post URLs on this forum?

TEST:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/rutlandgasket/gasket.htm

ANSWER: I guess so (at least it's showing up now - if they decide to "censor" it because it's not an official "Egg" site, then I think that would be the deciding factor as to whether this forum survives or not.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Tee hee! It works. So, if you want to include a link using text instead of the actual URL, you just use the normal HTML tag for a link:

<*a href="URL">Text That You Can Click On<*/a>

Just be sure to remove that first asterisk after each of the two "<" characters. The URL is the address of the page as you see it displayed in your web browser's address window, for example.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Tee hee! It works. So, if you want to include a link using text instead of the actual URL, you just use the normal HTML tag for a link:

<*a href="URL">Text That You Can Click On<*/a>

Just be sure to remove that first asterisk after each of the two "<" characters. The URL is the address of the page as you see it displayed in your web browser's address window, for example.</p>
    Whiz - FWIW, I just copied the URL & pasted into the text box - I didn't put any HTML around it at all.

• BTW, the freakin quote feature still isn't working 100% - sometimes it works for me, other times - ehhhh, not so much :-( :-(
  • Right, that will then show the URL as the clickable text. Using the HTML will allow you to specify what text you want to show up instead of the URL. Either way gets the job done.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Right, that will then show the URL as the clickable text. Using the HTML will allow you to specify what text you want to show up instead of the URL. Either way gets the job done.
    ahhhhh, I see what you were doing there - I didn't realize you were testing to see if you could alter the text in the URL... NICELY DONE!!
  • I wonder what would happen if we tried to use frames, LOL!!!
    The Naked Whiz