Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburgers (4th time around) on the DmBGE

Options
Peterplant76
Peterplant76 Posts: 48
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hey Yall,

you would think that we would get tired of hamburgers..... But we don't because they are so dang gum delicious. With all of the spices we recieved Soldiers are adding different flavors to their burgers. I personally LOVE DALE's SAUCE that is based out of Birmingham, AL. One thing you may see on that we used on the egg is a fire resistant grid (FROG MAT) made of some sort of polymer. Worked great for keeping in the hamburger meat that wasn't packed tightly. The member that sent the mat also sent two metal kabob wires by BGE. They are really nice and will be using them soon. I would like to thank him but I can't find the paper work that was on the package to mail or email him back. So if you are the member that sent that to us thank you and please email me soon.
Enjoy the pics :)

Another N/A Becks day.
A new member of our group.
Ah yes, the DmBGE bring happiness everywhere it goes.
Can we say the Dirty Dozen???
Fire mat in use.
Put a big thumb print in the middle of the burgers for the Dale's Sauce to soak in while it was cooking. Made that middle bite of the burger SUPER DELICIOUS!
I had to shut down the grill to go to work. So with the left over hamburger meat I made a huge mound of meat on the grill. Can't tell from this picture but that was ONE big burger that fell apart as I tranferred it over to the foil.
One of our Afghan partners enjoying some of the left over mass of a burger.

Well thats it for now.

Take Care,
Chris

"War Eagle!"

Comments

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    I just wanted to say Thank You for all that you do to keep the rest of us safe and free.

My hat is off to you... be safe and come home soon.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Thank you all for your service!
    Love the pics!!
    Keep them coming.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I really enjoyed all your posts, as usual! Please keep them coming as you have time. You have no idea how much we appreciate these heartwarming and well done posts. We're all extremely pleased you're getting so much good use out of that mini!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    I feel honored to read the post.

Thank you for your service and very happy to see the pics of the crew and the egg!
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    truly amazing!!!

I lost a friend over there (RIP Garret "tubes" Lawton) and I cannot express the sense of gratitude there is for you guys!! If having the Egg over there gives you just ONE little "taste" (figuratively & literally) of "home" then I'm soooooooo glad the folks that helped get it there did it.

Ya'll stay safe, get the bad guys, and come home!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee