Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium Green Egg for Sale - Chicago area

Options
Egg4U
Egg4U Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
We are ready to move up to the Large Green Egg, so we need to sell our Medium Green Egg first. Only 2 years old, in great shape and comes with nest and tray. $595 OBO

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I bought a Medium /nest about four years old but barely used - gasket was like brand new-----for $240.00
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I don't know what the prices are in the Chicago aea. They are definitely getting higher by the year. Your the only one who knows what you have to have for it. The egg that Charlie Tuna says he bought is whats known as a steal! You cant find them that cheap but every blue moon. The going price on a used medium down here is around 500. You can find one every once in a while for 400. Good luck!
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Every now and then XL's can be had for $500 or $600, or so I've heard
  • climbing egg
    Options
    2 just sold in the West and Middle Tennessee for $350 each. I was a day late on both of them!
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    Last summer in my town near new med. $300 still kicking my a## for not getting it
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    As you should be! :)
  • dkrugh
    dkrugh Posts: 3
    Options
    Just sold my 7 yr old Medium with table nest and couple accessories for 350. I'm in the Midwest
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Ouch. lol. Guy comes on here and posts his asking price for his used egg, and everyone else chimes in with how much cheaper they got theirs. Cut the dude a break. :-D

Out of curiosity, where are you in Chicago? Have I seen you around at any of the fests?

I'm always keeping an eye out for a used Small at a good price. I MIGHT be persuaded to go with a Medium, if the price is right, but thanks to Charlie Tuna, I know I shouldn't settle for more than $240. ;-) Kidding....kinda.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    The seller posted it on Craigslist as a "Small" . This was the first time i had ever surched for an egg on Craigslist and there it was posted the day before. The owner commented "don't know if you know this, but these things are supposed to cook real good food". Then he popinted to his gasser and said "thats all i need" ?? I bought it and replaced the castors with new and outfitted it with all the necessary accessories and made it a birthday present for my daughter --- she loves it !!!
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I guess the reality is that a $600 medium is fairly high considering the warranty will not transer. For not much more, a buyer coul dbuy a new one. But hey, that is why Bubba Tim has his rule on used eggs!