Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old issue, new Forum

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I know this is an old issue and has been discussed and cussed many times but I thought that just maybe this Forum being the official BGE Forum maybe someone from BGE could provide some additional information. Now for stating the problem---gaskets--don't throw rocks just yet. I own 4 BGE products, XL, small, mini, and chiminea. The XL is in need of yet another gasket replacement. I started with the original felt when it went I bought (no freebie replacement ) a nomex replacement from BGE when it burnt out I went with an unapproved but often used replacement gasket and now it is needing to be replaced. The issue with my XL is the bottom and dome are so uneven(even without the bands even being attached) that it is not possible to get a good seal so I have to have some type of gasket to be able to control lower temps. I have heard of some grinding to get the dome and bottom to fit better but I have not attempted to do so for fear of voiding the warranty. So my hope is that someone from BGE will read this and be able help with my issue and the many others that seem to have issues with the gaskets. Thanks for any help or information. Mike

Comments