Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new forum blues - downgraded all over again

funhunter63
funhunter63 Posts: 16
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I see the forum has been re-downgraded.

How do I search?

How do I look at the "most active threads"

WHY does this have to be so hard?

PLEASE USE A STANDARD FORUM FORMAT!!!

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    The old forum was far from a STANDARD FORUM FORMAT...This site is really better once you spend just a little time here.

"Most Active Threads" = " Latest Posts" on this site. The link to latest posts are at the top of several pages.

Search is the BIG, SEARCH square on the right if the screen. It is HUGE and hard to miss.

Links to the other parts of the forum including the recipe section are also on the right side of the screen. Did you know you can now post pictures to go along with your recipe posts now!

Did you know thanks to this improved forum that you actually have a mobile version so when you are away on a mobile device it is actually readable and searchable.

There are a lot of great features here that is NOT found there.

Quit your *****in and have fun. You ARE going to like this place.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • I like the new forum layout on the iPad. But I have not figured out how to post a picture here from the iPad. Any ideas?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    This forum is garbage as it stands. You can't reply to an individual post everyone gets to respond to the original poster (unless you put @soandso before your response which I have to admit is super high tech). Half the time I click a picture it doesn't get any bigger so I am looking at a 2*2" photo. You can't tell if a post has photos unless you open it. And I'm not sure what you are talking about with the better mobile version. I have never had an issue at all with doing anything on my phone on the old forum. I am on the old forum on my phone as much as I am on the computer and never have an issue.
  • i think the picture thumbnails becaome links to enlarge only when signed in.
  • DrZaius
    l
    I like the new forum layout on the iPad. But I have not figured out how to post a picture here from the iPad. Any ideas?</

I am pretty sure that feature is not available yet. An admin posted earlier that it is an Apple issue not the for software. A user posted some threads earlier that misled a few into thinking they could post pictures fr their device but he was actually talking about posting weblinks to photos with his phone

• DrZaius
    This forum is garbage as it stands. You can't reply to an individual post everyone gets to respond to the original poster (unless you put @soandso before your response which I have to admit is super high tech). Half the time I click a picture it doesn't get any bigger so I am looking at a 2*2" photo. You can't tell if a post has photos unless you open it. And I'm not sure what you are talking about with the better mobile version. I have never had an issue at all with doing anything on my phone on the old forum. I am on the old forum on my phone as much as I am on the computer and never have an issue.

This forum is no where near garbage. All the new features here trumps you inability to directly reply to someone. Let me
    Introduce you to the Quote button that is next to the users name in their post. I have actually used it several times in this thread. Everyone reading this, thanks to my awesome ability to click a mouse every whos reads this knows this is directed at you. Hang in there man! Everyone has to learn new stuff from time to time. You will get it soon enough and you will like the new system.

Now as for the thumbnail issue, logging in could be a reason but everything I click works.
    Did I mention you can post pictures with the recipes now. Awesome!

• Lit
    You could always post pictures with a recipe on the original forum. Paste the link and paste the recipe. There isn't really any learning involved I have been playing on this site since it was intriduced and I see nothing better on this site just negatives.
  • You could always post pictures with a recipe on the original forum. Paste the link and paste the recipe. There isn't really any learning involved I have been playing on this site since it was intriduced and I see nothing better on this site just negatives.
    How about a detailed list of those negatives so that they can improve it, rather than just complaining?
  • Lit
    Nothing I stated above is a new complaint. There have been several threads since the first couple hours this site was up about the mentioned issues. Nothing has been done about them. I also did leave a list high up in the thread but the crappy layout is hard to follow.

"This forum is garbage as it stands. You can't reply to an individual post everyone gets to respond to the original poster (unless you put @soandso before your response which I have to admit is super high tech). Half the time I click a picture it doesn't get any bigger so I am looking at a 2*2" photo. You can't tell if a post has photos unless you open it. And I'm not sure what you are talking about with the better mobile version. I have never had an issue at all with doing anything on my phone on the old forum. I am on the old forum on my phone as much as I am on the computer and never have an issue."
  • DrZaius
    hahaha :-))
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    I don't post a lot, but I'm a regular lurker, and I've been here for a couple of years, I think, and I very strongly agree that a new system always seems worse than an old one when you're not used to it, but often when you get used to it, the new one is as good or in some ways better than the old one. There definitely are ways the new forum isn't as good, but they've made clear they're working on improving it, and they've already improved some things. All of the "drama" just brings everybody down.

I love this forum, and am SO grateful to all of the experienced EggHeads from whom I've learned so much since I've been here! Let's try to keep it positive, and obviously that includes offering suggestions for improvement.

Theo