Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Hall of Fame

Options
hizzoner
hizzoner Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
There should be an ongoing thread that has nothing but pictures of members Egg tables/Kitchens for reference and ideas:

If there wasn't....there is now....and I will start:

IMG00181.jpg
IMG00183.jpg
TheBBP.jpg

Comments

• LImp Brisket
    LImp Brisket Posts: 115
    Options
    Nice, that's gotta be somewhere here in Texas!
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Nice I like your idea
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Very Nice! Well laid out, good looking and functional! :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    This is very nice! I love it.

Can you retake that second picture in the daytime? Also, would you post a photo of the cooking area looking straight on, so I can see more of exactly what you did.
  • Samslittledog
    Options
    I know this thread is a little old but i'd love to see more outdoor kitchen/cook area pics if anyone wants to share.
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    The naked whiz has a page dedicated to tables
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Options
    that looks bad. Love the burners for big boils. HOMERUN
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    192 photos at last count....
    The Naked Whiz
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    192 photos at last count....
    Quoted for truth! Though, I don't think they've added my table yet!

• MicahelF
    Options
    This is a stand alone island we are producing in Alabama for introduction to a larger market. It weighs less than 300#s, comes standard with a granite top, and contains no metal or wood in it's construction. The exterior finish is a synthetic stucco.

As we are beginning to roll this out, any impressions or constructive criticism would be welcomed.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Does it offer any storage?  Towel rack, tool hooks and gotta have a bottle opener.  Can't cook on a BGE without beer.  I like the look, but I would never keep the umbrella there.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    TRPIV, if you sent it in the last couple of weeks, we haven't gotten around to the latest batch yet.  If it was a couple months or more ago, it must have been lost, but I think I have one from you, right?  I'll try to get to the photos this weekend....  Thanks!
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    And this should probably be a forum on its own, as opposed to one ginormous thread that grows without bounds over the years....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    @MicahelF -- looks good-- couple of constructive questions that may have already been answered by testing--  1-- the umbrella appears to be in the path of smoke/heat exhaust from the Egg chimney and 2-- how easy is it to clean ash off of the porous stucco in front of the bottom vent. 
  • MicahelF
    Options

4Runner & Buckwoody. Thanks for the comments. As to the umbrella, it's optional. I have heard from at least one dealer that he would prefer to use the area for plates, trays, etc. We have used one for about a year and have really not had any issue with smoke or heat gathering in the Depot style 9' market umbrella. The display unit at our facility is out in the open, unprotected. I can tell you that the shade provided is welcomed in the afternoon sun. We have also lost a number of umbrella that have been left open in severe afternoon thunderstorms. I am no adept at umbrella repair.

Buckwoody, I don't have a tray at the bottom vent, but probably should. It's not as ratty as you may think. The finish is a fine grain synthetic stucco, more like a sanded paint and is sweepable or can be hosed. You do have to be careful not to leave the iron vent on this or the granite surface of you may develop a surface rust ring. Birmingham and our local market is rather traditional and uses a lot of brick and stone. Because of the rounded shape, we are left with the stucco like finish. We expect that this finish will be more readily accepted in the southeastern coastal communities where stucco reins.

4Runner. This is not a stand-alone kitchen. I look at it as I do my cast aluminum table set (also unprotected). My wife won't leave the cushions on the chairs. We don't leave the plates, glasses, knives, forks, salt and pepper out there either. I have been asked about electrical, which would be easy, but we would have to pick a location for the service tie-in. I have a deck installation, so I would want to tie-in from the bottom. Someone with a slab would want to tie-in somewhere on the elevation. I do agree though that you can't grill without a beer.

The only storage is the 24" diameter 13" tall void beneath the Egg. My lump can get wet in a driving wind but the area remains relatively dry under normal conditions.  

Aside from the curvalinear design, the island is unique in that no metal or wood is used in its construction. If you're curious, take a look at www.kamadoisland.com. Thanks again for the comments.  

• murmini
    murmini Posts: 5
    Options
    Couple of shots of my outdoor kitchen - the night one with the banana tree behind it does have a certain 'bat-esque' quality !
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    @MicahelF

Your website is nice and tables look really good. How much do your tables cost or start at?  Thanks.
  • broadegg
    Options
    Looks nice, but all that surrounding wood would make me nervous.