Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's going on with new forum format

Options
HarleyDoug
HarleyDoug Posts: 69
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I haven't been to the forum for a couple of weeks - what is going on with the new format????? I REALLY enjoyed the previous format - could just scroll down and follow great topic where did all that go - seems like the format is better by half

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    HarleyDoug, the Original Forum is still there at a new address www.greeneggers.com. The BGE company decided to start their own forum, apparently, and thus this is it.
    The Naked Whiz
  • HarleyDoug
    Options
    Thanks much, I appreciate the info
  • Raw Egg
    Raw Egg Posts: 7
    Options
    Was the old forum not THEIR forum?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    Was the old forum not THEIR forum?
    this is the companies first forum. started a week ago with 10 years of what seems to be stolen posts

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Corp. should automatic ban the sour old people from the old board who come here to start a pissing war on what board did what and when. Those old farts need to get a life and deal with their bitterness. Running here and crying and whining makes them look like crazy old people with no life, but a message board.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Raw Egg, you point out a large problem in the understanding of the relative newbies. The Original Forum was started a long time ago by Bill Miller and his wife Brenda. They did it on their own time and with their own money. They also created the first BGE webpage. Ever since, Bill has passed, but his son, and wife and lately a friend, have kept the forum going with very minor financial support from BGE. So, BGE never owned a forum before now. It was all done by the Miller family.
    The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Corp. should automatic ban the sour old people from the old board who come here to start a pissing war on what board did what and when. Those old farts need to get a life and deal with their bitterness. Running here and crying and whining makes them look like crazy old people with no life, but a message board.
    ive asked on both sides and noone will answer, why do i have 12500 posts on a board ive never registered too and my links no longer work on a board i did register to. i do like the name calling though.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe you should read the rules & disclaimer.

Edit:
    I have no idea why this does not show up as a quote from Salty Hoggs BBQ, but it should.

• TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    < blockquote >Corp. should automatic ban the sour old people from the old board who come here to start a pissing war on what board did what and when. Those old farts need to get a life and deal with their bitterness. Running here and crying and whining makes them look like crazy old people with no life, but a message board.< /blockquote >
    Wow. Friendly chap. Your reply makes you sound callow.

Regarding the quote not showing up - my guess is that it's a css configuration issue. They need to fix it on the forum end.

T
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Maybe you should read the rules & disclaimer.

Edit:
    I have no idea why this does not show up as a quote from Salty Hoggs BBQ, but it should.

Why? So you can go brag to the geezers who think they can't be replaced (everyone is expendable--EVERYONE) on the old forum how you comforted an unknown person on the new forum who likes the format here (yes it could be better, but it is much better than the other one right now). You are so cool.

You are the one bashing this site and then running there and making a thread about it. I only post here because I like this format better. I don't go to old forum and bash it and run back here laughing about it. I have a life.

• TRPIV
    Options
    Raw Egg, you point out a large problem in the understanding of the relative newbies. The Original Forum was started a long time ago by Bill Miller and his wife Brenda. They did it on their own time and with their own money. They also created the first BGE webpage. Ever since, Bill has passed, but his son, and wife and lately a friend, have kept the forum going with very minor financial support from BGE. So, BGE never owned a forum before now. It was all done by the Miller family.
    Hats off to the Miller family!

• TRPIV
    Options
    (the post above confirms my suspicions about the blockquote not working being a css issue...) I added css inline to colorize the background - which is why you see it show up with the colorized background.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TRPIV, your quote shows up in a gray box in your "hats off" post. Did you do something different?

Just saw you reply to my next question before I even posted it =D>

Can you explain how you did it?
  • TRPIV
    Options
    :)

I overrode the CSS in that exact post. I'm working with the forum crew to get this fixed globally.

Stay tuned...
    Ted
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Hats off to the BGE Corp for creating a new and diverse board that is easier to read and navigate. There are still a few problems, but this forum is still in its early stages of life. It will be worked out.
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Amen...

BTW.. the quoted text is really messed...
  • Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    Options
    I miss the old format. Going to greeneggers and bookmarking now.
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    It seems to me, as only a short time member of both the old and the new forums, that it's not the software that makes the forum great, but the people and the content. Yes, they need to fix some bugs here, but I'm sure the other forum was not brought forth whole and perfect when they launched either. Some folks just post here, some just post over there, and some post on both. None is right or wrong, it just all personal preference.

We should have less focus on the negative around here and just keep helping each other out and inspiring each other with great cooks. The rest will take care of it's self with time.

Just my 2 cents
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    @spoon... I agree. Lets get back to talking about what we all love.... Cooking great stuff on our eggs.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    @spoon & Egg juju.... I agree as well +1
    Marc