Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Caprese Poppers (PICS)

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Another neat appetizer I made (not Egg'd, but I thought you guys might like to try this light, summery appetizer).

Large Cherry or grape tomatoes, cored
Fresh mozzarilla cheeese
Fresh basil leaves
EVOO
Balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt, to taste

Cut the tops off the tomatoes and core them. Wrap a small piece of the cheese with a basil leaf and stuff inside teh tomato. Add a few drops of EVOO on each one and drizzle a little of the balsamic vinegar on top (I used a strawberry/fig balsamic reduction I found in the pantry). Lightly sprinlke with Kosher salt and serve.

Comments

• I have to try these, they look delicious!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • looks amazing, one of my fav dishes, but never thought to do that! I have put it with toast circles and toothpicks before, it is yum no matter what. That looks simpler. I haev gotten loads of cherry tomatoes out of the garden and have more basil than I can handle. looks like dinner tonight.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    LOVE the taste of fresh basil!!

During the summer we make various versions of tomato/basil/mozz tarts or pies. I saw this on a Viking Range Corp. FB post and thought it would be a refreshing, summery taste.

You will love them...
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Nice idea... that will give me something to do with all the cherry tomatoes and the basil bush. :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • I have a 25 foot row of basil. I make and freeze pesto, and dry some for winter. I love it too.
  • looks good may have to try