Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Is EGGzilla for real?

OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I know everyone if freaking out about the new forum changes. Trust me it is just as stressful to who ever is over this change. On a lighter side is this EGGzilla for real or just some lame joke. Looks cool could maybe do a whole hog on that thing. 
EGGZILLA.jpg 126.8K

• GeekGodGeekGod Posts: 52
    Dang thats a big egg!
  • OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
    Prolly take both of us to open the lid. I wonder if I could convice my wife that it would look good beside the pool?

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yes it it but for the real story go to the new forum at
    @PhilsGrill:  I don't see anything about eggzilla on the older forum.   Have a link?

One thing to like about Eggzilla is that nobody is going to steal that monster from your back yard without a team of people.

Seems way overkill but I hope they have a market for this beast.

• LitLit Posts: 4,622
    It's real as far as it exists. It's made of styrofoam I believe and is in their retail store in Tucker, ga. It's a prop.
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    hate to see the bill on charcoal if you did do a whole hog.but damI know it would taste good
  • It's a fake cooker. It was all a joke. If you look at the photo carefully you'd see that you have to be about 7 feet tall to be able to open it without standing on tip toes.
    The Naked Whiz
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Hey Whiz, you tell people about Santa too? ;-)
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Yea, and it would crush the little wheels on the table, if not collapse the table itself, if it were the real thing.

Sure is pretty though.

Spring "99.967% Real" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Well, Ray, funny you should mention. I WAS the one in our family who told my son about Santa. I thought he was old enough. I mean come on. WE HAVE A WOODSTOVE WITH A 6" STOVEPIPE for goodness sake, :-)) And my son's reaction was heartbraking. "And the Easter Bunny, too?" Oh god I felt bad.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    In Florida we leave the door open for him. :)
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • DOH!!!!! DOUBLE DOH!!!!! I didn't know you then. Next time, I'll know to ask you. :)
    The Naked Whiz
  • TNW & DRBBQ I told my daughter about the tooth fairy on her last tooth, it collapsed the whole santa, easter bunny thing. She was mad for a long time. I was tired of keeping up with her questions. lol. She made santa and the easter bunny sign papers of authenticity, and she compared it year to year, and I had to make tooth "prints" just right in the cookies and carrots, and Lord help us all if they weren't correct... haha. I have pictures of the stuff she used to make "them" sign. It is hilarious