Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is EGGzilla for real?

OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I know everyone if freaking out about the new forum changes. Trust me it is just as stressful to who ever is over this change. On a lighter side is this EGGzilla for real or just some lame joke. Looks cool could maybe do a whole hog on that thing. 
EGGZILLA.jpg 126.8K
·

Comments

• GeekGodGeekGod Posts: 52
    Dang thats a big egg!
    ·
  • OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
    Prolly take both of us to open the lid. I wonder if I could convice my wife that it would look good beside the pool?

:-?
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Yes it it but for the real story go to the new forum at www.greeneggers.com
    ·
    @PhilsGrill:  I don't see anything about eggzilla on the older forum.   Have a link?

One thing to like about Eggzilla is that nobody is going to steal that monster from your back yard without a team of people.

·
    Seems way overkill but I hope they have a market for this beast.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    It's real as far as it exists. It's made of styrofoam I believe and is in their retail store in Tucker, ga. It's a prop.
    ·
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    hate to see the bill on charcoal if you did do a whole hog.but damI know it would taste good
    ·
  • It's a fake cooker. It was all a joke. If you look at the photo carefully you'd see that you have to be about 7 feet tall to be able to open it without standing on tip toes.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Hey Whiz, you tell people about Santa too? ;-)
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·
  • Yea, and it would crush the little wheels on the table, if not collapse the table itself, if it were the real thing.

Sure is pretty though.

Spring "99.967% Real" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Well, Ray, funny you should mention. I WAS the one in our family who told my son about Santa. I thought he was old enough. I mean come on. WE HAVE A WOODSTOVE WITH A 6" STOVEPIPE for goodness sake, :-)) And my son's reaction was heartbraking. "And the Easter Bunny, too?" Oh god I felt bad.....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    In Florida we leave the door open for him. :)
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
    ·
  • DOH!!!!! DOUBLE DOH!!!!! I didn't know you then. Next time, I'll know to ask you. :)
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • TNW & DRBBQ I told my daughter about the tooth fairy on her last tooth, it collapsed the whole santa, easter bunny thing. She was mad for a long time. I was tired of keeping up with her questions. lol. She made santa and the easter bunny sign papers of authenticity, and she compared it year to year, and I had to make tooth "prints" just right in the cookies and carrots, and Lord help us all if they weren't correct... haha. I have pictures of the stuff she used to make "them" sign. It is hilarious
    ·