Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cost For a Large or XL BGE

Options
joe317
joe317 Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I'm new to the forum and hope to soon buy an egg. I live in Southwest Texas where my nearest dealer is at least 3 hours away. One thing I haven't been able to find is how much to expect to pay for an egg. I'm leaning towards the large, but may consider the XL too. I plan on installing the egg in an outdoor kitchen so I don't need the nest.

Can anyone tell me how much to expect to pay for a large or XL egg?

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike_M
    Mike_M Posts: 11
    Options
    I think I paid about $750 for just the large egg. No nest, no plate setter. My dealer had a special with the nest, eggmates and plate setter for about a $900.
  • barstoolcowboy1013
    Options
    Joe,

I just bought on in Southeast Georgia and paid $1000 for a large "starter pack" which included the egg (duh), nest, cover, ash tool, bag of coal & the fire starters. If I remember correctly they were selling the L egg for $899. I feel like the XL was $200 more give or take. I just didn't think I needed a grill that big! It wasn't a financial decision on my part. I actually have a boston butt smoking right now.

Good luck!

• DocG
    DocG Posts: 4
    Options
    I cant remember the exact price but know I have under $900.00 in the large egg, a plate setter, a box of fire starter cubes, an ash tool, the grill lifter and 9% TAX. This was purchased last month. The XL egg would have been about $200 more.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I would search around in the 3 hour area and see what you can find. Dealers can vary in price a lot. retail prices are not fixed by BGE that I know of. I paid 699.00 for my Large with nest, a bag of charcoal, ash, tool, and a box of starters. Which is quite different than what @barstoolcowboy1013 paid and we are just in different parts of the same state.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • meat03man
    Options
    I am in VA and paid 799 for my large egg. the XL was 1099. I have 2 dealers within about an hour of each other and was going to go with the cheapest the other dealer wanted 999 for the large and 1300 for the xl. I think they tried to throw in a few freebies though.
  • Minkoff
    Minkoff Posts: 25
    Options
    Just got the XL BGE, large table, plate setter, charcoal, some accessories, delivered and assembled, tax, $2,200
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Joe317... You can save enough on a Demo Extra Large to pay for a trip to an Eggfest. The closest one to you is in Austin, probably late April or early May. Others are in Plano in November, Salado in March and Athens in May.

The advantage of purchasing a Demo at an Eggfest is that you get to meet some of your fellow Eggheads and learn a great deal about cooking on your Egg. You will also see a wide range of accessories in use.

Just keep an eye on the Eggfest info at the top of the page for more details. Or you can ask here about them.

Spring "Eggfester With Wheels" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    Options
    By the time you get through paying tax and buying the accessories you'll need with the large egg you'll be out $1,200 - $1,300 - my guess is that you can add at least another $300 - $400 for the XL - maybe more - I bought a medium and it was just over $1,000 with a stand and plate setter
  • Sneezix
    Sneezix Posts: 40
    Options
    What Spring Chicken said. I got mine at the Austin Eggfest a few years ago. The only disadvantage is that you have to wait awhile for the coals to cool before you load it up, but you can just hang out with the "regulars."
  • KC Transplant
    Options
    A year ago yesterday, I paid 1150 for an XL that came with a nest, a few extras with delivery and setup. No cover or plate setter though. That cost me about $150 total the next day.
  • Amy S.
    Amy S. Posts: 70
    Options
    For the entire kit and delivery of the Large, my total was close to $1200.