Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baking bread on the mini?

Ricky BRicky B Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I've had my mini for about 4-5 months and have used it mainly for cooking burgers, steaks, chicken and things like that. I would like to attempt to bake bread on it but I have noticed that it is much more difficult to control the temps than on my large. I have the mini woo set up from tjv and the small pizza/baking stone to go with it. Has anyone ever made bread on the mini? Also, does anyone have a easy recipe for a flat bread that they would be willing to share ?
Thanks
·

Comments

• I don't have a bread recipe for you but here are some ideas that other Mini owners have done. I assembled their photos just so people can see that even the Mini can do wonderful things.

This should keep you busy while you're searching.

Spring "Mini Mini On The Table, Show Me What You're Capable" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Ricky BRicky B Posts: 28
    Thanks SC! I am impressed. Looks like the mini is capable of more serious cooks than I was giving it credit for. I do especially like the wooden round table with the mini in the center.
    ·