Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cracked egg

samstewart
samstewart Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
we purchased a medium sized egg about 8 years ago in Peoria AZ. I now live in INdiana Today while vacuuming out all of the old ash, noticed the egg has a fairly large crack in the interior about 1/8 wide from top of ceramic to bottom of ash bin . Can anyone share their thoughts on this? I only smoke on this wonderful creation. BBQing is always done on my Weber. Is it time fro a new one? should this be covered by warranty? ANY ADVICE? THANKS

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i would see if you can find a good dealer. there are some really good dealers out there that may take care of you. if not contact bge in tucker they can proabably help you. either by shipping one with the next batch to a local dealer or directing you to someone who can help. the moving part may complicate things for your local guy since he did not make the sale to you he may not be as happy to help you.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• That should be covered by warranty. Contact your local dealer and take a couple of pics to show them. If the dealer doesn't help, contact BGE directly.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Sounds like a warranty item to me
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    I received a new base via warranty due to a very small crack. My egg never moved, however, and there was no chance that I caused the crack. I had pics with no crack and then some pics with a crack - so I knew it cracked in place. As long as you didn't crack the thing yourself, I believe you'll be covered by warranty.