Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mold inside my Large

MnMikeyMnMikey Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
After hot humid Mn weather I find white mold on the top/ lower left 1/3 of the fire ring and on the grill same area bout 6 to 9 o clock position. Any ideas? Need to get rid of it. How to prevent in future?.
·

Comments

• EdemitchEdemitch Posts: 196
    It happens to al of us at some point. Just do a high temp cleaning burn and you will be fine
    ·
  • MnMikeyMnMikey Posts: 28
    Wonder why the area is so contained? 6-9 pm on the clock looking down on the grill from the front.
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    You may have a little of a draft there or it could be the last thing you cooked splattered there. I had the same thing tonight when I went to cook some veal chops. I took my mapp torch to it and then let it run wide open for a bit before throwing the chops on.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
  • DaddyoDaddyo Posts: 209
    Fire that bad boy up and get on with it.
    ·