Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Mold inside my Large

MnMikeyMnMikey Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
After hot humid Mn weather I find white mold on the top/ lower left 1/3 of the fire ring and on the grill same area bout 6 to 9 o clock position. Any ideas? Need to get rid of it. How to prevent in future?.
·

Comments

• EdemitchEdemitch Posts: 196
    It happens to al of us at some point. Just do a high temp cleaning burn and you will be fine
    ·
  • MnMikeyMnMikey Posts: 28
    Wonder why the area is so contained? 6-9 pm on the clock looking down on the grill from the front.
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    You may have a little of a draft there or it could be the last thing you cooked splattered there. I had the same thing tonight when I went to cook some veal chops. I took my mapp torch to it and then let it run wide open for a bit before throwing the chops on.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon."
    ~Spoon
    ·
  • DaddyoDaddyo Posts: 209
    Fire that bad boy up and get on with it.
    ·