Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rib Rack on Medium Egg

reh111reh111 Posts: 150
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
The description of the rib rack says it fits the large, x-large and medium eggs - I have a medium but the rib rack barely fits, I have to force the lid to close over the sides of it and the rack sticks inside the top when I open it - is the large rib rack really meant for a medium egg?
·

Comments

• GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    I use it on my Medium and Large all the time. For the Medium, simply don't use the Grate, set the rib rack directly on the plate setter.
    ·
  • pcipci Posts: 249
    I got one at Bed, Bath & Beyond its a little smaller & works fine in my med.
    ·
  • reh111reh111 Posts: 150
    I use it on my Medium and Large all the time. For the Medium, simply don't use the Grate, set the rib rack directly on the plate setter.
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that and that's obviously the answer - thanks, again
    ·
  • It depends on which way you flip it and the height of the grate. If it's Point up for ribs you can put it on top of the grate on top of the platesetter. If it's point down for roasts then I set a pan in the platesetter (legs up) and put the rack in the pan.
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I messed with a rib rack a couple of times but do not use them much anymore. When I have used it on my medium here lately I simply bent the ends in to match the curve of the lid and have had no problems.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·