Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Header

Options
pci
pci Posts: 249
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
Would be nice not to have to scroll down from it on every post

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Yes, this software is very frivolous with the screen geograpy. Perhaps they could do something like the old forum where it is expandable so you can collapse it after you read it. Or like my website, it shows up once per browser session/instance and then disappears.
    The Naked Whiz
  • The_Buffalo
    Options
    There are collapsable sections on here and the old forum's header stays up at the top too. Again this is a great tool to be used for EGGheads all over the world, it's to bad that we are wasting time talking about the "board" and not that I'm going to cook a great pizza on the EGG tonight! Pics coming soon!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Eggzilla_jr if this board ever gets all the problems fixed, maybe someday someone will talk about food and cooking and the like. For now, about all it is good for is testing and experimenting. Besides, even if all the problems were fixed, people will have to learn to use it and they'll have questions. For you, I guess that's a waste; for the rest of us, it's inevitable.

The old forum's header isn't a full screen long. Only about the top 1/3 of the screen is static information. Right now this forum's header is longer than one screen.
    The Naked Whiz
  • VanDawg38
    Options
    Yes, this software is very frivolous with the screen geograpy. Perhaps they could do something like the old forum where it is expandable so you can collapse it after you read it. Or like my website, it shows up once per browser session/instance and then disappears.
    Looks like they're working on that, too. Plenty of things about the old forums I wasn't fond of, but this new board is no improvement.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I see that there is now an option to collapse the header, but when you collapse it, it totally disappears with no apparent way to get it back.

Oh, you can get it back by logging out. PITA though. You need a way to restore the header if you want to.
    The Naked Whiz