Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooked to Much food. PICS

LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Lesson learned did not have breakfast or lunch today because work was crazy. What did I learn? Don't plan a menu a menu when you are hungry. :evil: Cooked way to much food and with what my Mother-in-law brought over we had enough for a small army. ;) Had a Spatchcock chicken, Mac and Cheese, grilled tomatos, grilled onions, potatos, on the BGE. My lovely Mother-In-Law brought over deviled eggs, cherry pie and icecream. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

·

Comments

• LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Wow four trys to get the pics loaded. Hope you enjoy the photos.
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    edited August 2011
    YUM !  Looks like you will have LOTS of good leftovers!!!

Clark
    Madison, MS

Supposed to be: "Misippi Egger", but can't seem to get it changed!
    ·
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 508
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • Had a Spatchcock chicken, Mac and Cheese, grilled tomatos, grilled onions, potatos, on the BGE. My lovely Mother-In-Law brought over deviled eggs, cherry pie and icecream. Enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

The grilled tomatos look great!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Looks delish.  I just can't figure out why you think that's too much food!  ;)
    ·
  • longrifle

The grilled tomatos do really look good, and I love grilled onions wapprd with a slice of bacon salt and pepper with a tad of real butter.

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    I thought I replied to this yesterday, perhaps I didn't.  I routinely do about 6 things at once.  :)  Everything looked delicious... Since my garden is producing prodigious amounts of tomatoes I must give them a try.  They look delicious!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    I thought I replied to this yesterday, perhaps I didn't.  I routinely do about 6 things at once.  :)  Everything looked delicious... Since my garden is producing prodigious amounts of tomatoes I must give them a try.  They look delicious!

They are easy. I just put kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on them. then put them on direct grid at about 450 for a couple of min. then turned them for grill marks for a couple more min, As soon as they were off the grill I pust fresh ground parmesan cheese right on and melted in=GOOD EATS :-D
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Nice. I was trying to figure out something different to do with tomatoes. ;-)
    ·