Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I tried, but this new forum does not work for me

43moon
43moon Posts: 15
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I will be hanging out no the old forum, and I don't anticipate checking back here again until someone else is bold enough to confirm that this new forum is as good as the old forum.  I appreciate the effort, but this really misses the mark by much more than a mile.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Tell us how in the heck you plan on hanging out on the old forum. (whistling emoticon)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Adam -  www.greeneggers.com  - old Forum is continuing under the old administrators "for a while"
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    The strength of this forum is in the quality of the posters.  

As long as that continues, its a great resource.
  • Only been a member for a month or so (joined the old forum first of course).  I did not like the format of the old forum,  but got used to it after a while.  I don't care for the format of this forum,  but will get used to it.  I guess if I had "tried" the old forum for a whole day and quit as I didn't like it I wouldn't be on any Egg forum at all...
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

I't just a matter of seeing what Rob and crew do to improve the obvious weak spots, and of seeing if we "grow into it".

:-S

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • 43moon - you "tried?"  The NEW forum isn't even a full day old, and you're ALREADY giving up on it? 

Come on guys - apparently you've never experienced a software change over, you don't realize the INCREDIBLE amount of work it is to port over all the OLD stuff into the NEW format - it's gonna take some time, but we HAVE to give it a chance!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Only been a member for a short while so maybe I didn't learn how to navigate the old forum, but this new format seems much more user friendly. Change is always difficult, especially for long time users of the forum.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    I'll give this one a chance. It won't be accepted as long as the old forum is still operating though. The old forum was confusing as it was being used two different ways. The old guard was using that single view and many folks were using flat view and people were talking past each other a lot of the time.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • iPad test....it looks like you have to click in the write comment box and type, but it freezes for a second or two and then you have to click back in the write comment box to start typing your text. Once you do that it works fine
    Coming to you from the Mothership!