Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

What Browers are working or not?

BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Posting from Chrome on XP professional... no problem
Kent
Madison MS
·

Comments

• crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
    I cannot log in at home from IE 8 and Windows 7.

Chris
    ·
  • sd_newbsd_newb Posts: 9
    firefox from mac will not log in successfully.
    ·
  • BluedotBluedot Posts: 82
    Safari & Firefox seem to be working fine
    ·
  • crmiltcrmilt Posts: 108
    Chrome, XP Pro works fine.

Chris
    ·
  • ie 8 working for me now. had to reset my password though.
    ·
  • AshmanAshman Posts: 375

I use windows 7 and was not able to log in until I unchecked the "Keep me logged in " box.  Hope this first post works.

Gordon

·
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    firefox on xp working just fine.  Had to reset my password mostly because I never used as ff always remembered it.  As far as the new format... it just new and changed and people HATE change... IT guy for 31 years...
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    this time with XP professional and Aurora (beta Firefox latest version)
    Kent
    Madison MS
    ·
  • I've been using Chrome on XP with no problems. Just tried to use IE7 on the same computer, and couldn't log in until I unchecked the "keep me logged in" box, like many others.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    IE9, chrome, and firefox all on win7 work fine for me
    ·
  • Likewise WessB, I am on IE9 w/Win7Pro and no issues........except my "handle" is gone, and everyone's signature and post count is no longer there
    BGE'er since 1996
    Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    hardingb, using IE7 isn't the wisest thing to do anyway.  You should update to 9 or at least 8 or use another browser.

·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    safari works on my mac but I have not tried from my iPhone or iPad yet
    ·
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Yes uncheck the box on win 7 / IE 9
    ·
  • Can't log in with Safari 5.1 on Mac using OS 10.6.8.

Same machine using FF 5.0.1 no problem.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,356
    I have been able to log-in using Chrome on a Mac running 10.6, and Safari, also on 10.6. Both browsers have been set to accept all cookies. I have been unable to set exceptions for those browsers that are set to not accept cookies.
    ·
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    This post was helpful to fix some of the browser issues

Using the url:  http://biggreenegg.vanillaforums.com instead of http://www.eggheadforum.com, I was able to log on using firefox, the layout on my windows phone improved, and was able to log on using my ipad. 

I found this url after requesting a password reset, but then did not reset my password.. 
    Kent
    Madison MS
    ·
  • I can't sign in using Firefox but Explorer seems to work
    ·
  • hey smbishop...you are correct! Now on Firefox...weird eh?
    ·
  • James MBJames MB Posts: 349
    If this posts I guess Opera on the Mac is working.
    ·
  • ditto on the unchecking "keep me logged in" box before being able to login with IE without having to go to biggreenegg.vanillaforums.com
    ·
  • Working ok on Firefox 5.0 via XP Pro
    ·
    Win7 + firefox works fine.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,561
    It's working for me with Mac OS 10.6.7, firefox 3.6, safari 5.0.5 and chrome 13.0.782.107. I've about decided I don't care though. It sucks equally on all of them.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • "Using the url:  http://biggreenegg.vanillaforums.com instead of http://www.eggheadforum.com, I was able to log on using firefox, the layout on my windows phone improved, and was able to log on using my ipad."

Thanks that what I needed to get on the forum  Changed and bookmarked.  Thanks again
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 129
    On my Mac, Safari, Firefox and Chrome all work fine.

This forum is very different, and change usually feels bad at first, but I really think there are some things to like, and that once a few speed bumps get leveled out, this will be good, maybe we'll even find it better, one of these days.

Theo
    ·
  • oldfishinglureoldfishinglure Posts: 235
    edited August 2011

I cant get ie 7 or 8 to work right. Got 9 to work and got it in Firefox

www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
    I've been reading folks having problems using IE.  This is win7 IE9, fast, smooth and works great.  The forum looks better in IE than in firefox, on this system anyway.  I am also logged in in firefox on the same machine.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Finally logged in by un-checking the "remember me" box, as someone suggested, this is incredibly slow.
    I am on XP
    ·
    I need to get to a different computer to test XP, but on this machine both firefox and IE9 is faster than the old forum.
    ·