Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anybody who wants to see the plateu...

jostheimjostheim Posts: 53
edited 4:19AM in EggHead Forum
Got a 9.2 lb pork butt going since 11 PM last night. Classic graph of the plateau:

http://www.bbqbuds.com/jostheim/cooks/4

The initial spike to 280F was my fault: pro-tip when you put your food on check the daisy wheel after you close the smoker. Mine fell open allowing the spike.
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Here are a couple more, these show the drop in temperature during the plateau.

Butt.

butt1104.jpg

Brisket
    brisketlog.jpg

GG
    ·
  • can you tell me more about this progran that is trackting the temp?
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

The program was written for the Stoker controller. It's free program and logs & plots the entire cook and all probes one might have attached.

The graph can be watched from anywhere in the world on the net, if one elects to open it up to the web and or on ones local network with any device that can open a browser.

GG
    ·
  • jostheimjostheim Posts: 53
    I should add, that the link I put is to a site I developed that will also plot output from a stoker or other controller.  It keeps all the data online and interactive.
    ·
  • MattMatt Posts: 143
    Awesome site! I'm looking forward to seeing some other cooks/cookers on there.

Care to share the details of your homebrew controller? I've often thought it would be pretty straightforward to make one, but I haven't ever tried.
    ·
  • jostheimjostheim Posts: 53
    There is a massive thread on the virtual bullet forum about building homebrew controllers.  I followed Bob Hruska's instructions (mostly):

Here is the virtual bullet forum on this topic:

I went back recently to find that the game had been upped, got guys building them out of old linksys routers!!

Here are some pictures of my controller:

·