Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I guess they still refuse to use vBulletin

asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I wasn't a fan of the old format, not a fan of this format either.  Probably wouldn't have all the iPad/iPhone problems either.  There has to be a reason why all the other web forums use it.  
·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Nobody ever said they were going to use vbulletin
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    I'd much rather use vbulletin 

·
  • guzzijasonguzzijason Posts: 143
    Nobody ever said they were going to use vBulletin, but a whole bunch of users recommended it.

__Jason
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    BGE doesn't give a rats ass what the users want...you asked for a format change...and you got it...
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Lots of missing features makes the change a bit hard to swallow.... Like how am I supposed to tell how awesome we all are without our post count emblazoned onto each post?

·
  • Yeah, I'm more awesome than you are, lol!  Frankly, I think those post counts should be banned.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    i'd buy vBulletin for them if they would use it....
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    well maybe they will at least give us an ignore feature. 
    ·
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, all of the boards that I choose to visit often are on vBulletin.  It just seems to work the best. 
    ·
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    I noticed that this thread doesn't appear to be a part of any of the subforums.  It's just in "Forum list."
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    Maybe the Vanilla forum was able to import the old posts, but that was not possible (or much more expensive) on other forum software. Maybe this Vanilla outfit had a better deal on hosting. I can imagine a lot of reasons why this software was used though I have to agree that I don't like it much.

I think that if they wanted a change, they should have locked the old forums to read-only and ported account info to a more popular forum platform.
    ·
  • asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    ^ Yes, I've seen that done with other forums when they changed.  Just lock the old one and start over.  Maybe they got a good deal on this software or maybe somebody knows somebody...who knows why they made that decision. 
    ·