Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I guess they still refuse to use vBulletin

asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
edited August 2011 in Forum List
I wasn't a fan of the old format, not a fan of this format either.  Probably wouldn't have all the iPad/iPhone problems either.  There has to be a reason why all the other web forums use it.  
·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Nobody ever said they were going to use vbulletin
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    I'd much rather use vbulletin 

·
  • guzzijasonguzzijason Posts: 143
    Nobody ever said they were going to use vBulletin, but a whole bunch of users recommended it.

__Jason
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    BGE doesn't give a rats ass what the users want...you asked for a format change...and you got it...
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Lots of missing features makes the change a bit hard to swallow.... Like how am I supposed to tell how awesome we all are without our post count emblazoned onto each post?

·
  • Yeah, I'm more awesome than you are, lol!  Frankly, I think those post counts should be banned.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    i'd buy vBulletin for them if they would use it....
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    well maybe they will at least give us an ignore feature. 
    ·
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, all of the boards that I choose to visit often are on vBulletin.  It just seems to work the best. 
    ·
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    I noticed that this thread doesn't appear to be a part of any of the subforums.  It's just in "Forum list."
    ·
  • horsefleshhorseflesh Posts: 204
    Maybe the Vanilla forum was able to import the old posts, but that was not possible (or much more expensive) on other forum software. Maybe this Vanilla outfit had a better deal on hosting. I can imagine a lot of reasons why this software was used though I have to agree that I don't like it much.

I think that if they wanted a change, they should have locked the old forums to read-only and ported account info to a more popular forum platform.
    ·
  • asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    ^ Yes, I've seen that done with other forums when they changed.  Just lock the old one and start over.  Maybe they got a good deal on this software or maybe somebody knows somebody...who knows why they made that decision. 
    ·