Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What to Cook INFO

Eggbert 75Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello anyone looking for some insight..........having a large gathering..........looking for something to throw on the BGE feeding probley 40-60 people.....thoughts were brisket (probley 2would be needed), Pork shoulders (pulled pork), the past 2 yrs i've done pork loins which worked out good for slicing up.....Or does anyone have any other decent cuts of meats that would work (beef or pork) any help would be great !!!!! Always looking for ideas !!!

Thakns Egg 
·

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    EggJuly:  The forum just changed format a few hours ago, so replys may be a bit scarce for now.  Have you DONE brisket before?  It is a very challenging cook, which either turns out reallly good, or reallllly bad. I would suggest sticking to something far more forgiving.  The pulled pork is a good idea.   They are hard to mess up, especially when cooking for such a decent sized group of people.
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    I'm with LC on this one, actually I'm with her on most things :). Pulled pork (shoulder) is pretty cheap and easy. Make a few different sauces and your good to go. Divide the number of people by 2.4 and that's how much you need to buy.
    ·
  • fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
    Ditto the other two!
    ·
  • thanks for the input everyone! i have done brisket and yes it can go either way for sure! i am looking into pork butts what size should i get? (how many or how many lbs should they be?
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,516
     Figure if you want to offer 1/4 or 1/3 pound per person. From that total, assume the butts will need to be about 40% heavier. So: 60 people X 1/4 lb = 15 lb cooked butt X 1.4 = 21 lbs. Prob'ly 3 butts min.
    ·
  • thanks for your help ! awesome
    ·