Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hmmmmmm.....Not sure about this!

egretegret Posts: 4,035
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
This is really different!! Gonna take some getting used to for sure. I don't see any way to view my profile like in the past. Also, don't see any way to add a signature. I'm going to try a photo from my HD :

Comments

• I agree John, on first glance it does not seem to have the degree of customization and options that were previously available.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    John & Larry,, this is what I hated about the other forums out there
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Picture only has one problem... no grape juice.

Kent (Grandpas Grub)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Hey John at least I see your picture....LOL
  • Hey Pat--seems to be much faster than the previous version but so far that is all I have on the "list of improvements"
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    For all those that wanted change I hope they like it,,, Change didn't work out so good for most the last time
  • Thanks for bringing that up Kim, now I am wondering why John's picture is 6 times larger than mine or Pat's. Must be tied to age!
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    It's that ego of his Larry
  • :-)  It's working!!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216

Hi John,

I love what you did with your hair.....

SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239

OK, I think I finally found this site, thank you Kim.  I am a old dog and gonna be learnin this new trick slowly.  Took me 20 minutes to get to where I think I can post. 

Kim, your photo looks a bit more washed out than I remember you.

• LoisLaneLoisLane Posts: 94
    Would be nice to have the signatures back.  At the very least, I liked being able to look if people entered their state, to get a rough idea of their location (i.e. diff weather, diff grocery stores avail in diff areas, etc). >-)
  • So How do you make a new post?(subject? ) I can't finD the button.

By the way there is only ONE Serial Griller.me!!!!

• How did Smokin Jack get in there??? It should be Serial Griller!!!

• egretegret Posts: 4,035
    I'm a little slow, but, there doesn't appear to be any way to respond to each individual post!
  • LoisLaneLoisLane Posts: 94

Yup- I haven't seen a way to reply to someone's comment that is maybe 5 comment prior to the most current one.

To make a new post - go to the upper right area of the page.  Under the picture of the multiple eggs there is a search box, a "GO" anda green box that says "Start a New Discussion".

• egretegret Posts: 4,035
    edited August 2011
    Testing to see if avatar shows.......

YES!!!

Now, we need a way to show a sig so I can promote my eggfest!!
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Just seeing if this works.  Or did I post in the wrong spot?

John,

I still like your hair.....lol

SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    Testing ...Works nice!
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    That's a beautful pic Tim!

ResQue
    How nice of them not to fix my handle after I emailed them. THANKS A LOT!
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Hmmmmmmmm. This thing sucks. It keeps freezing/locking up my computer. RaleighGuy here since I lost my handle.Very hard to post a comment. Always have to save it first, or I get a comment box that is a hundred miles long.Like I'm getting now.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I had that sort of problem (never ending comment box), when I was using IE to post. Switched to Chrome, and all seems to work fine, now.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    edited August 2011
    Works fine in firefox...  {edit part of screen} now back to the top screen and editing the original post.  I was going to check to see if the edit feature worked.

{end edit}
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    EEEarp, Ditto Here.....pleased, not so much. ;(
    edited August 2011
    {post comment screen} Interesting, I am in edit mode and my original post is above in a window with all the html stuff. and this second screen is a 'Post Comment' window just below with all the html stuff.   Let's see what happens.
  • BluedotBluedot Posts: 82
    I using Safari and it is working fine. 

switched to Firefox and now it works much better!  IE sucks for this.
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,914
    GRAPE BOY!!

I agree, this is going to take a little getting used to!

Stay well my friend.