Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Well ... poo! New forum is blocked by firewall

ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Up until now, I've been able to access the Eggheadforum from work while on breaks. With this change to the new software platform, I'm now blocked by the company firewall. Arrrrgh!

(I'm currently remoted out of the system to another PC, which does still have access, but it's not a viable workaround for long-term use).
BJ (Powhatan, VA)
·

Comments

• Probably listed as a type of "chat room" and nanny-scope on firewall got it.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • I'll look into our settings to see if there is anything we can do different so your firewall does see us as a chat room.
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Rob, you'll need to move it off of Vanillas site. That is what is being blocked. If y'all move it to the Big Green Egg® web server that issue will likely go away.
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    That's what I was about to say. It's the "vanillaforums" website that's being blocked, as it's a known host for forums (as opposed to EggHeadForum.com, which the firewall gods don't know about).
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Yaaay ... it now works! Yesterday, it was a bit goofy, and would only load the text, and not any of the page formatting, but today, all is well with the layout, -and- it's not being blocked.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·