Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hmmmmmm.....Not sure about this!

egretegret Posts: 4,033
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
This is really different!! Gonna take some getting used to for sure. I don't see any way to view my profile like in the past. Also, don't see any way to add a signature. I'm going to try a photo from my HD :
·

Comments

• I agree John, on first glance it does not seem to have the degree of customization and options that were previously available.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    John & Larry,, this is what I hated about the other forums out there
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Picture only has one problem... no grape juice.

Kent (Grandpas Grub)
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Hey John at least I see your picture....LOL
    ·
  • Hey Pat--seems to be much faster than the previous version but so far that is all I have on the "list of improvements"
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
    For all those that wanted change I hope they like it,,, Change didn't work out so good for most the last time
    ·
  • Thanks for bringing that up Kim, now I am wondering why John's picture is 6 times larger than mine or Pat's. Must be tied to age!
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
    It's that ego of his Larry
    ·
  • :-)  It's working!!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216

Hi John,

I love what you did with your hair.....

SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239

OK, I think I finally found this site, thank you Kim.  I am a old dog and gonna be learnin this new trick slowly.  Took me 20 minutes to get to where I think I can post. 

Kim, your photo looks a bit more washed out than I remember you.

·
  • LoisLaneLoisLane Posts: 94
    Would be nice to have the signatures back.  At the very least, I liked being able to look if people entered their state, to get a rough idea of their location (i.e. diff weather, diff grocery stores avail in diff areas, etc). >-)
    ·
  • So How do you make a new post?(subject? ) I can't finD the button.

By the way there is only ONE Serial Griller.me!!!!

·
  • How did Smokin Jack get in there??? It should be Serial Griller!!!

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,033
    I'm a little slow, but, there doesn't appear to be any way to respond to each individual post!
    ·
  • LoisLaneLoisLane Posts: 94

Yup- I haven't seen a way to reply to someone's comment that is maybe 5 comment prior to the most current one.

To make a new post - go to the upper right area of the page.  Under the picture of the multiple eggs there is a search box, a "GO" anda green box that says "Start a New Discussion".

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,033
    edited August 2011
    Testing to see if avatar shows.......

YES!!!

Now, we need a way to show a sig so I can promote my eggfest!!
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Just seeing if this works.  Or did I post in the wrong spot?
    ·

John,

I still like your hair.....lol

SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
    Testing ...Works nice!
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    That's a beautful pic Tim!

ResQue
    ·
    How nice of them not to fix my handle after I emailed them. THANKS A LOT!
    ·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 199
    Hmmmmmmmm. This thing sucks. It keeps freezing/locking up my computer. RaleighGuy here since I lost my handle.Very hard to post a comment. Always have to save it first, or I get a comment box that is a hundred miles long.Like I'm getting now.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I had that sort of problem (never ending comment box), when I was using IE to post. Switched to Chrome, and all seems to work fine, now.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
    edited August 2011
    Works fine in firefox...  {edit part of screen} now back to the top screen and editing the original post.  I was going to check to see if the edit feature worked.

{end edit}
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    EEEarp, Ditto Here.....pleased, not so much. ;(
    ·
    edited August 2011
    {post comment screen} Interesting, I am in edit mode and my original post is above in a window with all the html stuff. and this second screen is a 'Post Comment' window just below with all the html stuff.   Let's see what happens.
    ·
  • BluedotBluedot Posts: 82
    I using Safari and it is working fine. 

·
    switched to Firefox and now it works much better!  IE sucks for this.
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    GRAPE BOY!!

I agree, this is going to take a little getting used to!

Stay well my friend.
    ·