Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

uh what just happened...

mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
How many recent threads were lost with that switch?
·

Comments

• baychillabaychilla Posts: 100
    This is seriously what they went with?
    ·
  • CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
    It's not what I was expecting, but it seems a bit faster (so far) and I like that I don't have to click on every... single... darn... post. ;-)
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,295
    i dont even see how you start a new post, hope all that hated the old forum love the new one
    ·
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    There's apparently only one way to search, and I don't see any way to quote. And several threads from today are missing.
    ·
    There's apparently only one way to search, and I don't see any way to quote. And several threads from today are missing.

Hrm

Darn q and blockquote don't seem to be doing anything in preview.
    ·
  • CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
    edited August 2011
    Just noticed something!!

Test:

Nice! We can now add our own images. We don't have to save them on an external site. (That will be a lot easier for many people. More pics is good!)
    steak.jpg 112.3K
    ·
    edited August 2011
    Please don't let this work

Greaaat you can embed videos to autoplay on page load.
    ·
  • Take a DEEP Breathe !
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • Is "unimpressive" a word?
    ·
    Hahaha what is that? (I mean what kind of file)?
    ·
  • Test.
    ·
    I like the little notifications
    ·
    It was a SWF http://www.scene.org/redhound/AYB.swf for the curious.
    ·
  • You can now just attach a local picture, but how do you change the size of it from thumbnail size?
    ·
  • is there a way to tell if a topic or post has images before you actually have to click on it?
    ·
    Interesting...
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,269
    Also noticed the backslash, "/", still appears when you type an apostrophe. Botch's catch.
    Give it time, folks, most changes like this take a few days to work out the bugs. I love its speed!

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Whoops, no it didn't in my post above. Hmmm...

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • There were couple of hours that got lost in the transfer and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will be adding a few missing features in the next week or two.
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
    Eh, it's not the end of the world.
    ·
  • SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
    ·
  • MO MuleMO Mule Posts: 79
    Gonna take some used to getting to..
    ·
  • tomahtomah Posts: 8
    yah, not sure if i like this!
    ·
  • GeekGodGeekGod Posts: 52
    edited August 2011
    The last forum was horrid. This is borderline even more horrid.

Whats wrong with using a mainstream forum software such as SimpleMachines.. It's free!

Please do not take my comment as not being grateful for the forum - its very helpful.
    And whomever takes care of it please do not take my comment personally.
    ·
    +1 Like
    ·
  • What did they say about some of us losing our handles? I think mine is missing too.
    ·
  • R_DoggR_Dogg Posts: 4
    Mine is missing. I may or may not ask to have it carried over as I was relatively new so am not attached to it and nobody knows me by it (Jimi1234) so it's not like anybody will be wondering what happened to me!

I do like how much faster this is and the ability to upload photos is a huge plus.

It will just take a bit of getting used to and it's the first day so surely there are going to be some bugs to work out.
    ·
    Something else I just noticed:  When you click on a thread you've already read, it jumps to where you "left off", starting at the new posts.  Very nice!
    AND I just noticed when you hit the Bold/Italic/Underline buttons, the html code brackets don't show up, you just start typing.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Botch, how you doing up there with the rain the past while.  Some areas were hit pretty hard.

Grandpas Grub.
    ·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 206
    Testing 123 Testing 123. I think my handle is gone. RaleighGuy here.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·