Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Does anyone have a CSA subscription???

Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I subscribed to a CSA this year. It stands for community supported agriculture. We paid a farmer a 1 time fee for the year this spring. Once the farmer started harvesting we received a share of his crops each week. So far it has been awesome! We found our farmer on this website

http://www.localharvest.org/csa/M14581

This week we got onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, jalapenos, garlic, beets, and green beens. All of these veggies are locally grown and of excellent quality. I will most definitely do this again. It is nice because it forces us to eat more veggies. It also offers a nice opportunity to try to cook more veggies on my egg (which I don't do enough of). Tonight I roasted some beets, and sauteed the greens with onion, garlic, EVOO, red wine viniger,salt and pepper. The beet greens were awesome. I will make them again for sure.

Comments