Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sittin' Chicken Temp?

LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have one of those sittin' chicken thingies. The instructions call for 250 degrees. That makes no sense to me. I roast chickens all of the time in the oven, I have an All Clad roasting pan with an attachment that has small reservoir that holds liquid and the bird hangs suspended over the roasting pan. And I have cooked those at 425 degrees, makes for a nice crisp skin and I put carrets, red taters, and onions in the pan portion and the drippens' cook them to perfection. So would I be completly out of my little pea brain to cook the yard bird at 425 degees with the sitten chicken? Just wondering before I turn a chicken into cinders. Thanks (as you can tell I am not known for my spelling :laugh: )

Comments