Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Took a little trip...

FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
edited 9:12AM in EggHead Forum
to the ozarks this weekend. Been wanting to buy a pallet of ozark oak. I called a friend who wanted to split it with me and told him to pack his stuff. We took a little trout fishing trip and picked up a load while we were there. :)

IMG_5047.jpg
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice score JoJo. I'm getting low. I need a score like that myself. You didn't say anything about the fish. I sure could use a mess of walleye and a bunch of pan fish...
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Now THAT'S a beautiful picture! I love OO :)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Beat you Steve but, not by much. :whistle:
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    We didn't do to good fishing. I'm not much of a fly fisherman. A kid next to me caught a 6.5lb rainbow. :blink: Nice fish.
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    You guys are making me nervous. Does lump become non existent in the winter where you live? I only have 3 #20 and #10 bags. Might go get a few extra my pizza cooks do burn up a lot.
    ·
    I do too. My friend Hoss turned me on to it last year and I was just waitin on an opportunity to go.
    ·
    Not here but we don't have ozark oak anywhere near here so I drove the 5 hrs to the place they make it. The only way I could justify it was fishing though. :silly:
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Where you been, JoJo?

Nice stash of OO ! I was in Hot Springs, AR this weekend visiting the daughter and the grandson's first b'day party, but didn't know where I could get a big supply of OO. I tried Internet searches for retailer in the area, but had no luck. I have seen it there in convenience stores, but I was wanting to 'load up'......

MUCH to far for me to drive to Yellville ! Maybe I can get some at the next Loney Fest. :woohoo:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    When is that, I forget.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    There's plenty in Plano, Clark. Long time, no see!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Holy score JoJo!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    There ya go!!! Go BIG or Go HOME!!! :)
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    nice joJo, were the fish bitin'?
    ·
    Hey Clark, I have a 16 y/o daughter with a boyfriend so the computer is always tied up. Plus I've been busy. I still check in every few days just haven't been posting much.

If you have someone in your area who needs a load you could split the fuel. That helps a lot. I need to warn you though, it fills up a short bed full size truck bed. I also recommend breaking down the pallet. It's a tall stack.

Hey, the fishing is worth the trip...the lump is just a bonus. :laugh: Ya know the "little red river" is where the world record brown trout was caught in 92.
    ·
    "yea baby" :laugh:
    ·
    AAASSRITE :laugh:
    ·
    They were ok if you could get the right combinaton.
    ·