Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Took a little trip...

FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
edited 12:53PM in EggHead Forum
to the ozarks this weekend. Been wanting to buy a pallet of ozark oak. I called a friend who wanted to split it with me and told him to pack his stuff. We took a little trout fishing trip and picked up a load while we were there. :)

IMG_5047.jpg
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice score JoJo. I'm getting low. I need a score like that myself. You didn't say anything about the fish. I sure could use a mess of walleye and a bunch of pan fish...
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,839
    Now THAT'S a beautiful picture! I love OO :)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Beat you Steve but, not by much. :whistle:
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    We didn't do to good fishing. I'm not much of a fly fisherman. A kid next to me caught a 6.5lb rainbow. :blink: Nice fish.
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    You guys are making me nervous. Does lump become non existent in the winter where you live? I only have 3 #20 and #10 bags. Might go get a few extra my pizza cooks do burn up a lot.
    ·
    I do too. My friend Hoss turned me on to it last year and I was just waitin on an opportunity to go.
    ·
    Not here but we don't have ozark oak anywhere near here so I drove the 5 hrs to the place they make it. The only way I could justify it was fishing though. :silly:
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Where you been, JoJo?

Nice stash of OO ! I was in Hot Springs, AR this weekend visiting the daughter and the grandson's first b'day party, but didn't know where I could get a big supply of OO. I tried Internet searches for retailer in the area, but had no luck. I have seen it there in convenience stores, but I was wanting to 'load up'......

MUCH to far for me to drive to Yellville ! Maybe I can get some at the next Loney Fest. :woohoo:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,382
    When is that, I forget.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,839
    There's plenty in Plano, Clark. Long time, no see!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,382
    Holy score JoJo!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    There ya go!!! Go BIG or Go HOME!!! :)
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    nice joJo, were the fish bitin'?
    ·
    Hey Clark, I have a 16 y/o daughter with a boyfriend so the computer is always tied up. Plus I've been busy. I still check in every few days just haven't been posting much.

If you have someone in your area who needs a load you could split the fuel. That helps a lot. I need to warn you though, it fills up a short bed full size truck bed. I also recommend breaking down the pallet. It's a tall stack.

Hey, the fishing is worth the trip...the lump is just a bonus. :laugh: Ya know the "little red river" is where the world record brown trout was caught in 92.
    ·
    "yea baby" :laugh:
    ·
    AAASSRITE :laugh:
    ·
    They were ok if you could get the right combinaton.
    ·