Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grouper with Chimichurri

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 12:46PM in EggHead Forum
I cranked up the Small BGE and grilled some fresh grouper that was coated with Chimichurri sauce.

The weather was threatening and I ended up with no pics of the cook, so you will have to take my word for it.

I added some sauteed sweet corn and made a salad that came out of the new Fine Cooking magazine. It consists of heirloom, cherry tomatoes, chick peas, and feta and is seasoned with a Middle Eastern seasoning called Zatar and an oil and vinegar dressing. PDG

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    First time seeing chimichurri fish.Interesting. :) The mater/bean/feta salad looks great too.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Bob I would have never guessed, Grouper...delicious + chimichurri...delicious = great combination of flavours Felicidades!!!
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485

What do you call grouper in Mexico? Is it Negrilla?

At any rate, fresh Negrilla is great with Chimichurri and that this what I was thinking about when I bought the grouper.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Bob, I'm familiar with the Gulf Grouper which is called Mero here, I think negrilla would be blackfin fish??