Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grouper with Chimichurri

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cranked up the Small BGE and grilled some fresh grouper that was coated with Chimichurri sauce.

The weather was threatening and I ended up with no pics of the cook, so you will have to take my word for it.

I added some sauteed sweet corn and made a salad that came out of the new Fine Cooking magazine. It consists of heirloom, cherry tomatoes, chick peas, and feta and is seasoned with a Middle Eastern seasoning called Zatar and an oil and vinegar dressing. PDG

01-08-11GrouperwithChimichurri.jpg
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    First time seeing chimichurri fish.Interesting. :) The mater/bean/feta salad looks great too.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Bob I would have never guessed, Grouper...delicious + chimichurri...delicious = great combination of flavours Felicidades!!!
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Beli,

What do you call grouper in Mexico? Is it Negrilla?

At any rate, fresh Negrilla is great with Chimichurri and that this what I was thinking about when I bought the grouper.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Bob, I'm familiar with the Gulf Grouper which is called Mero here, I think negrilla would be blackfin fish??
    ·