Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rainy day rib cook

FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited 3:41PM in EggHead Forum
Woke up to thunder and lightening early yesterday morning. Not a usual occurance for us. Monsoonal storm moving through. Had planned on cooking ribs, wasn't going to let a little rain stop me. Costco spares trimmed up and rubbed with Dizzy Dust, mixed with a little Red Eye.
IMAG0676.jpg

IMAG0677.jpg

Decided we needed a mini-Fattie for breakfast. Mixed breakfast sausage with roasted red pepper, garlic and parmesan. Then on to the egg for about an hour with apple wood and a little hickory.
IMAG0680.jpg

It kind of crumbled as I was slicing it. So decided it was perfect for a mini-bagel, along with cream cheese and a nice heirloom tomato. Yummy!
IMAG0681.jpg

The rain kept up off and on all day. Pulled out a piece of pipe I picked up a few years back to use as a raincap. I think this is it's first use! Was able to keep the egg at 275 most of the day.
IMAG0679.jpg

After about 5 hours, with one in foil, back on the grill with sauce. Sorry no plated pics, but the Fiance declared these my best ribs to date!
IMAG0682.jpg
·

Comments

• LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Very clever rain cap, Ribs look good.
    ·
  • Nice looking Ribs! Great idea for a rain cap (not that we would ever need one in Texas :( )
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Cheap & easy and allows for airflow. Doesn't rain much here, but nothing like your conditions.
    ·
  • Fluff, are those spare ribs? They don't look good........they look great!!
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Yes, spares, trimmed up to St. Louis, or sort of. The ribs from Costco were extremely meaty. Worth the little extra money. Foodsavered and froze the other slab.
    ·
  • Great lookin ribs.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Felicidades Teresa not onnly they look absolutely delicious but you had to fight against weather inclemency :ohmy: I think that's a word...... :laugh:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Way to wing breakfast Teresa! Nice cooks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·