Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

One armed Egging?

DeckhandDeckhand Posts: 318
edited 1:54PM in EggHead Forum
Having my right shoulder replaced (with a shiny steel ball) tomorrow. Some things I can do with one hand/arm but others (Pulling pork, operating the weedburner) I just haven't figured out. Wish me luck (and a steady handed surgeon).
·

Comments

• KailasKailas Posts: 146
    Deckhand wrote:
    Having my right shoulder replaced (with a shiny steel ball) tomorrow. Some things I can do with one hand/arm but others (Pulling pork, operating the weedburner) I just haven't figured out. Wish me luck (and a steady handed surgeon).

Good luck, Lefty
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,521
    Good luck to you indeed! You can pull pork if its well done with just a finger. The weedburner, erm, no.

The last surgery I had, what was harder to get over was the lapse in memory. Took me maybe 6 mo. to recollect what had gone before. No pain, but sort of short term amnesia. Remind your family and co-workers that you may be a bit vague for awhile.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Good luck with it and be sure to let us know how it goes :) :)
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Deckhand wrote:

Good luck! My Dad is Farmer, (Crops/300 milk cows) and had his shoulder replaced and when he woke up, he said that he was in less pain after surgery than before. As matter of fact he liked the new one so much he is haveing the other side done this winter. So life should be good for you. MY Dad said the worst part was hiding from my Mom when wanted to stuff that the Doc told him he should not be doing. Things like welding, climbing on tracters and working cows. LOL Good luck.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Well wishes Deckhand. ;)
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Good sailing Deckhand and wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

Blair

·
  • Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Best of Luck!!!
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    Good Luck & a fast recovery, Norm
    ·