Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ok, i've got my third dish for WALDORF, come and try some

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well, i'm doing the prime rib hash for breakfast as a side to wess b's egg concoction. .. .and of course, i'm doing a batch of stuffed flank steak rolls, but i was trying to come up with a 3rd dish. .. desert, or snails etc... .i was watching jacque pepin last week, and he did this thing with mussels that i tried out on the egg last night . . .[p]first, on the stove, steamed a batch of mussels in white wine, just till they were opened. . .removed half the shell, leaving each mussel on a half shell. . .arranged them on a big fish grid. . .took a couple of slices of white bread, put in the blender with parsley and shallots (wife is alergic to garlic, but i'll be using garlic for eggfest). ..blended till it was a fluffy mixture.. ..drizzled just enough olive oil on this bread mix to make it wet, but not soggy. .. laid the bread mix over the mussels, then into the egg (set at 425 degrees, grid over inverted plate setter), left them in for about 8 minutes, till the bread mix started to brown. .. [p]sydney, brett and i wiped through 2 1/2 dozen in about 5 minutes. ..really good, and we all agreed it will be better with the garlic. ....[p]co sign up, and come on down to waldorf and try a couple. . ..

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Please save some mussells for the band!!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    it will be my pleasure. .. i'll send spawn over with a special tray just for you guys. ..

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]
    didya leave the little hairy beards onem or what ? God..I hate muscles..but keep the beard on there..an I'm all over them like stink on a turd..sheegod..them is good eatin..good times..sittin round with the family..listenin to the slurpin sounds us kinfolks make..then every once in a while that distinkt spittin sound..and one of them beards goes flyin by your face...hmm..hmmm...hmm. Momma don't makus them muscles no more..I have no idea why..I think maybe she couldn't get enough no more for all of us..and what little she can get she gives to poppa and they sharem late at night...its like they don't know we can hear them sounds comin threw the walls..why I even hear momma laughin like she was happy as all get out to be pullin one over on us and whatnot..I tole grampa..one of these nites I is gonna jus barge on inta mommas room and I is gonna get me a hanful of mommas prized bearded mussel..an I don't care ifn I gotta rippet rite outta poppas mouth to do it...grampa sure thinks thats funny..I thouhgt he was gonna pass out he done laughed so hard..I think maybe he is mad at poppa too..for gettin what little bearded mussel mommas got..an he figgures me doin that'll jus serve poppa rite is all...[p]StumpBaby

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    StumpBaby,
    i'll leave the beards on a few, just for yew. . ..

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I was just thinking about oysters rockefeller the other day and searched and read a bunch about the original and all that came after. Sounded like the original didn't have spinach. Was planning to see if 4 of the smallest pizza pans could be used in the large at the same time and that way you could just come right out of the egg to a serving dish. I dunno just thinking out loud. Don't forget to leave the beards on some for you know who - but I think it'd be a good idea to get a commitment from him first to be mannerly with em and all, you know "just can't whiz one by some unsuspecting and defenseless visitors head".

• wfd146
    wfd146 Posts: 36
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I don't think I've ever heard of someone being allergic to garlic, what a bummer. Garlic, or as Emeril says "GAAAHLIC", ...rules!!! I'll be looking for those mussels in 11 days![p]Mike
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    wfd146,
    weird, it just started over the last few years (and her doctor said it actually isn't all that unusual) .. .but now, if she eats something with even a hint of garlic, within an hour or so, it will come back up the same way it went down.. .we've adjusted around here though, and actually don't miss it very much. .. i usually just substitute shallots, seems to work pretty well. . . but i'll look forward to making them with a large garlic application in two weeks. ...look forward to seeing you there. ..