Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New guy in Colorado

TajTaj Posts: 4
edited 2:21PM in EggHead Forum
Hi. I've been in the room listening for awhile and should introduce myself. You've seen my handle at the beginning of the thread. I will be at the Denver Eggfest this weekend to see the experts at work and take home my new "demo egg." Thanks for all of the great info I've been reading. I made a place out back for the egg and my wife told me that it looked like I was building a nursery for a new baby. Hey, I wanted it level and fire resistant. Yeah, it's next to the garden, partially shaded by a big crabapple, and not insanely far from the kitchen. It's just a LBGE, right? Anyway, I look forward to reading more good advice and to cooking some tasty stuff.
·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,722
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy the fest.
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    CAn't wait to see some of your masterpieces!

Ken
    ·
  • Welcome aboard, New Guy.....you're gonna like it here.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Welcome Aboard! Your life is aout to change! :cheer: :cheer:
    ·
  • Then I guess we'll be meeting you in person this weekend.

Spring "Got My Eggfesting Shoes On" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
    Welcome. I just left Colorado after a wonderful week about 140 miles due west of you. WOW I love your weather where we stayed.
    Now dig out your camera and show us what you are up to.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Welcome to the forum and ditto what Mickey said. We like pictures.
    ·
  • TajTaj Posts: 4
    Yup, the plan is to wander around in the morning looking over shoulders at the cooking. We, wife and I, will have to leave shortly after mid-day for another commitment, and hopefully return before the place is closed up to pick up the egg.

Someday when I have something picture worthy I'll post it.
    ·
  • asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    Hope to see you at eggfest!
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Welcome!

You'll be extremely happy with your egg.

:D
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,395
    Hi Taj,
    I am cooking at the Denver fest. Please swing by and say hello. I will show you the rest. Also know that there is an after party. If you and your wife can, you should join some of us Eggheads. You will get to know some folks from this community and learn more.
    Look forward to meeting you.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Looking forward to meeting you!
    ·
  • TajTaj Posts: 4
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Looking forward to meeting at the Eggfest.
    ·