Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top temp control piece?

mookied
mookied Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello...just got the egg on Saturday, and am spending my time reading the forums learning what I can.

What I need help with is, when I bought my BGE, it was already assembled, but I was wondering if my top temp gauge is assembled correctly? When I open the lid the large damper and the daisy wheel do not stay in place. It stays on top...it does not fall off or anything, but it does slide so that the settings on the gauges move each time I open the lid. I tried to tighten the screws as much as possible, but it is still happening? Is this normal, or do I need to take the top back to get one that will stay in place.

There is no nut on the bottom of the screws that help me tighten them. Should there be a nut on the bottom to help with tightness. I was not provided the assembly paperwork so I can not check myself. I am going back this weekend to get all the correct paperwork, but until then, I would love any help you can provide.

Much Thanks.

Mike D.

Comments