Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is This Cheating??

Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited 9:01AM in EggHead Forum
I know we are not the only ones who keep a few "meals in a bag" in their freezer, but how many prepare them on the EGG?
5998583334_37ec2eb633.jpg
P7310003 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
I wanted to practise with my new WOK, and besides, I had oral surgery last week and still can't eat anything real crunchy, so____
5998585364_b52e33cf8b.jpg
P7310005 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr into the egg it went :laugh:
Idid add some fresh cilantro
5998582180_a9f553d909.jpg
P7310001 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
It actually tasted pretty good! :P
5998037429_beaa3f9bce.jpg
P7310007 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
I am really liking the WOK, makes for healthy eating and the cooks go very fast. Best of all, my bride likes it too :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks for looking, have a great day :)
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

:laugh: :laugh: good thinking and why not. Looks pretty dang good.

Kent
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Kent, it was a little better than what we expected and the veggies are softer than if cooked fresh, so with stitches in my mouth still it worked out fine :laugh:
    ·
  • Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    That is how most of my stir fry cooks start with frozen veggies in a bag. Saute the meat I'm using, then toss in the veggies and sauce for a nice quick meal without having to chop up all the fresh veggies. Good looking cook. Jer
    ·
    Thanks for the tip, I am just getting in to this stir fry thing, and really enjoying it :)
    ·
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    One step away from cheating. If you had placed your microwave oven inside the egg and pretended to use the egg, then it would be cheating.
    ·
    For lunch today I warmed the leftovers in the microwave, does that count? :laugh:
    ·
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    For lunch today I warmed the leftovers in the microwave, does that count? :laugh:

heh. No that doesn't count. Big waste of lump just to warm up a leftover!
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,616
    If it is done on the egg and tastes good, it's not cheating!
    BTW, oral surgery............implant?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,748
    Not any more than pizza out of a box is cheating on the egg
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    I wouldn't worry.......it looks great & it's just what the Doctor ordered......
    ·
    Jaydub, good guess, x2 :)
    ·
    Thanks guys, my conscience is clear :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,087
    You were cooking on the Egg, how can that be cheating? :laugh:
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I once had PF Chang's frozen stuff. It was good.
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Not Cheating. Work Smarter not Harder :evil:
    ·
    Capt Frank, the reason I guessed that was I had 2 stuck in abour two weeks ago; get the stitches out Thursday.
    Hope yours go well.........

:pinch:
    ·
    I am doing fine, no problems whatsoever, go back for my post-op visit Wednesday, I hope yours are doing OK as well.
    I will be glad to get back to eating some charred meat :laugh:
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    I bought a couple Papa Murphy's pizzas in the last couple weeks, and while they're not as good as mine made from scratch, I can't make a pizza from scratch for $7.

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Yeah, Capt, just be real cool while you are brushing around that area for a few weeks and you should be fine.

BTW, like Botch says, Pappa Murphy's pizza is real good on the BGE. My better half and I do Saturday Vigil Mass at our local church, and PM pizza is so cool in the evenings afterward. We are on about a 5 week streak of regular size all meat Pappa Murphys!!

:P :P
    ·