Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody participate in a decent Culinary Tour?

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in Off Topic
We are looking for some sort of Culinary Tour to plan a vacation around. Something that highlights different ethnic foods all within a particular city/area. We watched a show last night where a girl visited 9 different ethnicity restaurants all within Austin, TX. Has anybody heard of anything like this, or better yet, participated? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Do Thailand or Hong Kong fit your plans? Both are over the moon for food sampling.

Georgetown in DC is very diverse food wise due to the embassies.

Also Albuquerque and Santa Fe offer the Spanish/Mexican influence. Great during balloon week.

http://www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-schedule
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    i stumbled... i mean designed one.... for boston once :laugh: purple shamrock, bell in hand, paddys, littlest bar, sullivans tap, boston beerworks (theres two that are convienient)whos on first, boston brew pub, hit the gardens for a game, after hours theres a small bakery with a guy in a suit, ask if the kitchens open, an old italian lady will come outside and take you in thru the back door, theres two more guys with suits standing with their hands hiden under the left side of their jacket, you go past them thru another door where some other guys are standin, same hand hidden, some other guys discussing something quietly while the two guys standing are watching you, you get seated and have the best italian food you have ever eaten, then for the incredible cappuccino that follows, you sober up and look around, you get a little nervous, you tip BIG :laugh: walk quietly out the building, try not to look back, start walking quickly, eventually your out of there, head to the station and wait for the first train to head north. its a good tour B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    should mention, dont drink anything in the gardens til the third period, jump over row 20 and go upstairs, the big shots with the box seats leave early, always a full banquet spread and full unopened bottles of champagne in the fridge, make sure to remove the housecleaning note on the doorhandle or house cleaning will show up early :laugh: ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Hey hey hey....Don't be bustin' on my Cousins Vinnie and Guidos place! Did you see Benny "the Nose" while you were there? They know us well.... :laugh: :whistle:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I think I've done the drinking part of that tour....didn't get past the canolis though....
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    LC, you might try contacting Southern Living Magazine, I'll bet they have some info :)
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    I'll second Richard's suggestion of Georgetown in DC. Small restaurants from all over the world catering to the people at the embassy's and students. All within walking distance of ech other.
  • missyjane
    Options
    Michigan is great for Foodie tours, any time of the year, my favorite is Autumn, apples, cider, donuts, pasties, pumpkin pie and changing leaves... the pure michigan site has several that you can join and I am sure I have read of many that are also self guided. I am a little partial to Michigan too. ;)

http://www.michigan.org/Places-to-Go/Tours-and-Trails/Foodie-Tours/Default.aspx