Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Is This Cheating??

Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited 2:17PM in EggHead Forum
I know we are not the only ones who keep a few "meals in a bag" in their freezer, but how many prepare them on the EGG?
P7310003 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
I wanted to practise with my new WOK, and besides, I had oral surgery last week and still can't eat anything real crunchy, so____
P7310005 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr into the egg it went :laugh:
Idid add some fresh cilantro
P7310001 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
It actually tasted pretty good! :P
P7310007 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
I am really liking the WOK, makes for healthy eating and the cooks go very fast. Best of all, my bride likes it too :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks for looking, have a great day :)

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    :laugh: :laugh: good thinking and why not. Looks pretty dang good.

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Kent, it was a little better than what we expected and the veggies are softer than if cooked fresh, so with stitches in my mouth still it worked out fine :laugh:
  • Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    That is how most of my stir fry cooks start with frozen veggies in a bag. Saute the meat I'm using, then toss in the veggies and sauce for a nice quick meal without having to chop up all the fresh veggies. Good looking cook. Jer
    Thanks for the tip, I am just getting in to this stir fry thing, and really enjoying it :)
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    One step away from cheating. If you had placed your microwave oven inside the egg and pretended to use the egg, then it would be cheating.
    For lunch today I warmed the leftovers in the microwave, does that count? :laugh:
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    For lunch today I warmed the leftovers in the microwave, does that count? :laugh:

heh. No that doesn't count. Big waste of lump just to warm up a leftover!
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,827
    If it is done on the egg and tastes good, it's not cheating!
    BTW, oral surgery............implant?
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Not any more than pizza out of a box is cheating on the egg
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    I wouldn't looks great & it's just what the Doctor ordered......
    Jaydub, good guess, x2 :)
    Thanks guys, my conscience is clear :laugh: :laugh:
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,187
    You were cooking on the Egg, how can that be cheating? :laugh:
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I once had PF Chang's frozen stuff. It was good.
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Not Cheating. Work Smarter not Harder :evil:
    Capt Frank, the reason I guessed that was I had 2 stuck in abour two weeks ago; get the stitches out Thursday.
    Hope yours go well.........

I am doing fine, no problems whatsoever, go back for my post-op visit Wednesday, I hope yours are doing OK as well.
    I will be glad to get back to eating some charred meat :laugh:
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,490
    I bought a couple Papa Murphy's pizzas in the last couple weeks, and while they're not as good as mine made from scratch, I can't make a pizza from scratch for $7.
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
    Ogden, Utard.  
    Yeah, Capt, just be real cool while you are brushing around that area for a few weeks and you should be fine.

BTW, like Botch says, Pappa Murphy's pizza is real good on the BGE. My better half and I do Saturday Vigil Mass at our local church, and PM pizza is so cool in the evenings afterward. We are on about a 5 week streak of regular size all meat Pappa Murphys!!

:P :P