Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

would these work for removing hot stones?

meat03manmeat03man Posts: 83
edited 12:38PM in EggHead Forum
magic-magician-supplies-os-ym1056.html

RAn across them today about ordered them since they are cheap but haven't yet, I saw the other day someone asking how to remove hot stones and such thought they may want to take a shot since these are 3 bucks.
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,837
    I think they would work great to move cold stones and keep your hands clean. :laugh:

For the price they might be worth a try but I'm willing to bet you would not want to touch a stone at pizza temps or anything close. Might work for moving grids around at low and slow temps.

Then again, been wrong 3 times this week and it's only Monday.. :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • James MBJames MB Posts: 349
    I doubt it.
    It seems they rely on being flame retardent for 20 seconds, not insulating.
    just my view of course.
    ·