Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Mexico Sunsets (Took the Mini)

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 4:22AM in EggHead Forum
Hot, dry, but always beautiful.

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

Great shots all around...especially the lightning pic.... :)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    That one took a while ;)
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Pictures look beautiful and the food looks great. Did you see my tater tots on the egg this weekend? Made me think of you.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Missed them, but I'll go back and look.
    Found them. Great looking meal!
  • That does it! I'm going to use some of my future lottery winnings to buy that place so I can get back to nature every once in a while like you. Yes, I can put in some modern buildings, set up some convenient quick food places, do some natural looking landscaping, concrete the trails, treat the creek with germ-killing chemicals, install huge floodlights so people from all over can come enjoy nature at its finest around the clock.

By "Going Green" it will be hard to keep you and millions of your fellow man away then...

Spring "Green Piece" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    This was a family jaunt. I'm going back for the "real" stuff in October!
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    WOW Mike beautiful shots!! You are into WooDogies class with these. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, Man. However, I remain in awe of Woo.
  • BR-549BR-549 Posts: 48
    Looks like those pics was taken in the Corrals area. Was that lightning taken last Sunday during that big storm?. Very beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.
  • Mike, pics are superb. Thanks for sharing.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,598
    Nice Mike. What wonderful shots man.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

No, it was taken the previous week in Taos. That's the Taos mountain and Wheeler Peak area. I did witness the Sunday a.m. lightning storm from just south of Channing on the Boy's Ranch property. Eastern New Mexico was getting hammered, and I wondered how many fires were the result of those strikes. Saw a couple flare up in the Dumas vicenity. Man, we need some rain in the worst way.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while. :)
  • BR-549BR-549 Posts: 48
    ooops, those mountain shots faked me out. Kind of looks like the Sandia mountains here in Albuquerque. What do you mean the "real stuff"? Would that be the balloon fiesta here in Alb.? Hope you can make it.
    Nope...that means a week by myself, camped next to a stream, in a tent, fishing, watching the Aspens turn,....doing what I want, when I want.

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Gorgeous shots, nice way to start the week!
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Why are you wearing a watch? ;)
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    THAT sounds like an amazing trip Mike! Solitude allows for a rest that most don't get.

I love walking into the flooded timber early, by myself the week of thanksgiving. I am there to hunt, but the time before sunrise is truly an awesome time to connect to Maker and Nature.

I can imagine Fly-fishing to be much the same.
    You're there, My Friend!
    No idea. I think you may be on to something.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    hey buddy lawn!

long time no speak. i hope all is well for you and yours!

as usual the pictures are great! i bet it took a couple to get the lightning strike.. looks really cool B)

all the best to ya Pal!!

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Hey, Terry! More than a couple, Buddy! All is well, but hot as heck!

Best to you.

• LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    great pictures