Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Saturday Night Tri-Tips

transversaltransversal Posts: 719
edited 6:04PM in EggHead Forum
I'm eating way too much red meat, but these things come out so good and are priced so right, I just can't pass'em up.

Before the cook.....
IMG-20110730-00053.jpg

Preppin'.......
IMG-20110730-00054.jpg

Sea Salt & Cow Lick......
IMG-20110730-00055.jpg

3-4 minutes sear on the CIG & CGS Spider.....
Then raised on the AR to finish off to 135* internal..
IMG-20110730-00056.jpg
Killer!! Thanks for lookin'.

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Those things seem to be all the rage lately.I cannot find them around here anywhere. :( Yours look GREAT.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Love me some tri tip, looks good.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,834
    Not that is a one nice cook.
    Whatever is left over slice real thin, hot pan to warm and then place on 2 warm corn tortillas with little sliced tomato, onions and jalpenos. yum yum yum..That is if you had any leftover :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now in Rowlett Tx
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Hoss, I'm waiting for the price to soar on these things, just like it did on brisket. They are so economical......and every bit as good as a strip. Very tasty and wqell textured. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $5 a pound hereabouts, which isn't bad when compared to what you pay for strips.
    Would you believe that none was left over?? And, a HUGE creole tomatoe salad to go with it. I ate like there was no tomorrow.

And Joan.......I didn't even have to crank up the John Deere or break out the tow chains!!
    They actually got "discovered" in California, as I understand it. Getting more popular all the time. Bobby Flay was cooking them on the cooking channel show this morning. I'm not really a big fan of his.....too much fru-fru for me......but he did keep the grilling of the Tri-Tips pretty basic......which, IMHO, is the only way to cook'em.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,889
    I love tri-tips, and yours look mighty fine!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    That looks very tasty. Love tri tip on the egg. Moist and full of flavor. Thanks now I'm hungry
    Well, thank all of ya for the kind words. They're an easy cook and really high on the flavor.
    Hey Scott, yall seeing any signes of fall yet?? Between the rain and heat down here, it feels like we'll never see cooler dry weather.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I would LOVE to try em.