Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

soft shell crab, lobster, rib-eye, sockeye salmon

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
lunch was fried soft shell crabs on a french baguette with lobster and shrimp spread made with homemade mayonnaise

003fbc.jpg

dinner was sockeye salmon, rib-eye, lobster, grilled avocado, poatoes

016ze.jpg

thanks for looking!

i've got more pics, but will have to post tomorrow when i can get back into my photobucket.
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    I want to eat at your house Jason. Looks terrific!!
    ·
  • Very nice, a great day of cooking, nice plating, too.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Oh my goodness that looks good! Great job.
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Nice tasting platter there! Love avacodos, but have never had one grilled? Do tell....
    ·
  • LongrifleLongrifle Posts: 130
    Looks great, is the salmon hard to cook? Looking at doing this month sometime on a plank and shrimp both of whicj I have never have cooked. :cheer:
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    that was just olive oil, dp shakin the tree and tsunami spin and i cook them direct until they kind of pop away from the skin.

they are too delicious. completely dangerous. i think you could put anything on them.
    ·
    Longrifle wrote:
    Looks great, is the salmon hard to cook? Looking at doing this month sometime on a plank and shrimp both of whicj I have never have cooked. :cheer:

i cook it a lot, but it was the first time i did it the way i did tonight....

1 cup lt brown sugar and 3/4 cup kosher salt. cover fish in mixture in non-reactive dish and cover for three hours refrigerated. rinse off and let sit open in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. season with anything else besides salt. cook however. direct, indirect. i did this direct on cedar papers.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,890
    Have you ever put a soft-shell crab directly in the Egg? Imagine it will pick up some smoke, hmmm...

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Some yum there. Great ingredients and very good technique by the looks of the pics. Kudos!
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    The plating in the second pic is awesome.

Love everything on that plate... having a hard time deciding what I'd go for first if it were in front of me! haha. Probably the avocado, strange as that may seem. lol
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Wow Jason, I'd love to have a dinner with so many delicious foods! Very nice selection and the pic looks mouth watering. :)
    ·
    Botch wrote:
    Have you ever put a soft-shell crab directly in the Egg? Imagine it will pick up some smoke, hmmm...

i've never tried that. i'm not sure how the shell would turn out.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Jason you're looking very fancy mi amigo, beautifull cook & presentation
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,196
    Dang, that looks so good! I need to cook more seafood on the egg....
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Wow, Jason. That looks great. Do you have any final pics of the crab sammi? Did you dress it up with lettuce, maters, pickels and onions, or just plain?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    bb33816a.jpg

7e8ec692.jpg

6edbb4f1.jpg

a4207d81.jpg

f579cd34.jpg
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    :woohoo: Awww yeah!! That looks mighty tasty!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    i used some grilled shrimp and lobster spread that i made with homemade mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice, simply marvelous season all and paul p's seafood magic.
    ·
  • normzachnormzach Posts: 14
    has anayone grilled soft shell crabs? tried once but the crabs turned out soggy without much taste.
    from the south of MAryland, thanks
    ·