... but barely. Last night, I did my first pizza cook since installing the Nomex. Previously, this has spelled doom for the standard gasket for me.
I like to do hi-temp pizza cooks - this time, the Egg was at about 825º when I put the first pizza on. The High-Que gasket survived the night, and while it's still intact, it does look a bit charred. Especially on one side of the Egg, which appears to have taken quite a bit of heat, judging from the white section of ceramic. I don't think the stock gasket would have stood a chance.
BTW, the firebrick under the pizza stone worked great for me... elevated the stone just where I wanted it. This may be my favorite set-up so far in all my pizza experiments.
And a few pics of the end results. Made 3 pies total - 2 margherita, and 1 clam. Of course, just as I started putting the pizzas on, the sky opened up, and things got a bit chaotic. I got distracted, and the first margherita got a bit over-charred - but still was delish. I wasn't sure if it was going to be edible, but it was surprisingly good still - probably one of my best attempts at mimicking a true Neapolitan style pizza.